Oshkosh Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oshkosh Photos

Someone was clamoring for some photos, so here are some I took Sunday...

Re: Oshkosh Photos

... and Monday.

Comment

thanks Ryan.

Comment

well.... the Dreamlifter is small...... lol NOT!!
        Last edited by RRMERLIN7; 07-29-2008, 08:02 PM.
        W.Hughes

Comment

Nice shots of the Dreamlifter and Harrier.

Comment

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for taking the time to take the photos and even more for sharing them here!

As you and I both know, it takes a lot of time to get this done and I can't thank you enough for picking up the "slack" and gettin'er'done!

Did you manage to see Foreigner at all last night? We stayed for about two songs, kewl but I guess I've gotten too old...

Not that we didn't like the music, we were all just too tired and hungry after a day of "selling"...

PS.. we're in bldg E, right inside the west "big" door... (I think I've got my bearings straight and it's west.. the side away from the runways)

Samson Motorworks Sky Bike is "our" spot..
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

What... No rocket racer photos? You got to be kidding me!

Wolfee

Comment

Originally posted by race9
                Wow! I think I'll make this my wallpaper!

Comment

I've seen one of the Dreamlifters at Osaka a couple times. Interesting trivia I got from an FAA inspector that gave me a line check on the -400, the Dreamlifter is so tail heavy that not only is there no horizontal stabilizer fuel, no winglets (as the photos show), and surprisingly, no APU. He didn't have any performance comparisons with the "stock" 400 I fly or any idea what kind of payload it carries (we normally have about 110,000 lbs payload at Northwest soon to be Delta). I would think with the interior stripped out payload would be way higher although I don't know if they could raise the zero fuel weight above the "stock" 535,000 lbs. Our basic operating weight is about 411,000 lbs, I bet theirs is WAY lower with a stripped airplane giving a big payload advantage. Fuel burn has to be higher but an aft CG (which may only occur with an empty airplane, not necessarily with payload on board) does lower fuel burn a little. Since they carry 20k less fuel (due to no horizontal stab tank)range may be limited but I bet KIX-BFI is no problem with payload and the return trip empty no sweat as well.

Ron
                  Ron Henning

Comment

If any one gets the chance to go in the LCF (dreamlifter) be sure to look at the aft pressure bulkhead, it is located just aft of door's 1L/R, it is truly impressive. When transporting 787 sections nothing is in the lower cargo hold, also there is nothing loaded FWD of the fwd pressure bulkhead. All that is upstairs is a few old first class seats. The winglets were removed due to flutter issues once the LCF conversion is done.The max payload is 138000. Also the tail has a special tug used to support and open it, so I am guessing it wont be opened at OSH.
                    Tad

Comment

Thanks for the reply, very interesting. By the way did anyone notice on the video, just like on the "stock" airplane, the inboard and mid leading edge flaps retract when the engines go into reverse?

Thanks,

Ron
                      Ron Henning

Comment

Yes they do.

Comment

Working...
                        X