John Penney at FHC today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Penney at FHC today

Once again, Mr Penney at the Flying Heritage Collection's biweekly aircraft exercise routine. Rad
    Attached Files

Re: John Penney at FHC today

great photo's i love the one of the lass tucking the gear away...
    race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

I feel sorry for John since getting "Fired" from United. First he tried his hand at flipping burgers for BK. I guess that didn't work out so well..... now he's stooped so low as to flying someone else's vintage aircraft. It looks like retirement really hasn't been working for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Race77amt
        I feel sorry for John since getting "Fired" from United. First he tried his hand at flipping burgers for BK. I guess that didn't work out so well..... now he's stooped so low as to flying someone else's vintage aircraft. It looks like retirement really hasn't been working for him.
        Did Mr. Penney turn 60 before the change to 65? Is this what you mean by getting "fired"?

Comment

It's gotten so bad that when he left the hanger yesterday he had to carry his own luggage. Will the humiliation ever end?
          Norm

Comment

Yes, I believe he didn't make the age cut off when it changed. If you were to ask him he would tell you that he got "Fired" because he certainly didn't leave or retire voluntarily. They forced him out because of age! Obviously because the Best Race Pilot in the world isn't capable of pushing a couple buttons and sending a 747 on it's way. Last year he showed up at the races wearing a Burger King cap joking that he wasn't a one trick pony.

First he is forced to fly well used aircraft and now they force him to carry his own luggage?!?! What is the world coming to!

Comment

Norm, It was great chatting with you again on Saturday. Next time I will hang around longer after the show and I will carry his luggage out for him. I would consider it an honour. Rad

Comment

Gee, we'd welcome his move to Washington, then he wouldn't need luggage. And older people are appreciated up here. Jes sayin'.
                Betty

Comment

Originally posted by ShermB
                  Gee, we'd welcome his move to Washington, then he wouldn't need luggage. And older people are appreciated up here. Jes sayin'.
                  Betty

Does Mr. Penny still live in Colorado? Is he planning to move to the Seattle area to be closer to FHC? That's got to be a pain to commute up to Seattle so often. How often does he go up there?

Is his position a paid job, or does he volunteer his services for FHC, so he can fly cool planes?

I know, lotsa questions, but this interests me!

Comment

Working...
                  X