Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Buick Field? Furias to Race RENO '08!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Buick Field? Furias to Race RENO '08!

Looks like the "middle" of the pack jusssst got more interesting!

click here or image above for story

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Two Buick Field? Furias to Race RENO '08!

What's the expression? Hope springs eternal?

Great article, thanks.
    _________
    -Matt
    Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Bad netiqute to reply to one's own message?? Oh well!

I gotta think this could really change the mixup for the Gold.. Just assuming we have two healthy "Buicks" in the field, up close to the front.. say... middle of the pack.. If they happen to get out front of a few racers, they make themselve's pretty hard to bet by, just by the nature of the beasts..

Man, front of the pack better not even hickup or the Buick force will be all over 'em!

TWO R-4360's battling with several R-3350's and RR Merlins...

Oh.. the sound...

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

NOT to forget... the YAK ATTACK factor!!!!!!!!!!
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by MRussell
          What's the expression? Hope springs eternal?

Great article, thanks.
          LOL! Yes, it does!! Thanks... wrote it "quick and dirty".. not my best form but.. I got it done!

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

My boss was kind enough to let me have wed, thursday and friday off. I am so going to need a nice camera this year. ANd WOWOWOWOWOWOW the field is shaping up to be a dream year.
            Dam, will sept ever get here?

Comment

i herd 99 Riff Raff wont be racing this year they should get Hoot Gibson Shawn

Comment

And if Odegaard in the F2G is around, I think you will have all the currently flying 4360s at the same place at the same time. I'm hopeful he will be there and at some point we can have 3 4360s in the air together.
                Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Great news about Furias. The Buick as well as Czechmate are my favorite unlimiteds, so it would be superb to see Furias mixing it up with them. Question: given the cockpit mods to two-seater mode, it is reasonable to expect Furias to top 430+mph on Sunday afternoon?

Comment

....as with any good dinner, one ear of corn is never enough

Lets just hope they serve it with real butter

Thanks for the update
                    "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Originally posted by KB Adkins
                      Question: given the cockpit mods to two-seater mode, it is reasonable to expect Furias to top 430+mph on Sunday afternoon?
                      I'm hearing the long canopy is actuallyfaster....

Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Longer is better...........................CHIC'S DIG THE LONG CANOPY!!!!!!!!!

Another corncob for the fold. There are some vacant holes in the entry list and the possible addition of Furias will make the field a little more interesting. The gold field is really going to be bunched up from fifth place on back.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by paintboy
                          Longer is better...........................CHIC'S DIG THE LONG CANOPY!!!!!!!!!

Another corncob for the fold. There are some vacant holes in the entry list and the possible addition of Furias will make the field a little more interesting. The gold field is really going to be bunched up from fifth place on back.

Dave
                          OH YEA..... (in deepest "big voice guy" voice) Though Bill could not tell me of pilot choice, he might have said..... err...... something to the effect that..... damn...... maybe... if Skip did actually fly Furias, we'd probably see some of the best lap speeds ever from the airframe....

Now...

You may not have seen the above letters grouped into words that you think you have actually seen!

Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                            Bad netiqute to reply to one's own message?? Oh well!

I gotta think this could really change the mixup for the Gold.. Just assuming we have two healthy "Buicks" in the field, up close to the front.. say... middle of the pack.. If they happen to get out front of a few racers, they make themselve's pretty hard to bet by, just by the nature of the beasts..

Man, front of the pack better not even hickup or the Buick force will be all over 'em!

TWO R-4360's battling with several R-3350's and RR Merlins...

Oh.. the sound...

Sorry Wayne, but there is only one Buick! Maybe Cadillac would be more appropriate..................
                            "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Originally posted by t-dub
                              Sorry Wayne, but there is only one Buick! Maybe Cadillac would be more appropriate..................

Ewe been hangin' with the wrong crowd dood...

Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X