Get your own Rare Bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get your own Rare Bear

Just got my new Hobby Lobby catalog and lo and behold on the back cover an electric powered RC Rare Bear.
    Inside it shows you get Plane, RC controller , battery,charger basically everything you need to fly your own rare Bear for under $300
    blacksheep
    Life's a Climb , But the view is Great

Aaarguh... I hope they know that Rare Bear is trademarked and one of the racers who depend on royalty agreements from manufacturers when their likeness is used so that they can survive... (every dollar helps)

Sounds cool tho!

Wayne Sagar
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

And not only that.............they got the paint job all wrong. They have all the gold parts orange.....go here and see for yourself.

Jason

Comment

I did a review of one of these planes for an online magazine in Aug... .they have several colors. I did get the gold one and even gave their sponsorship program a plug in the article.... I almost brought it with me to Reno to fly around at the hotel, but forgot to bring it! wieghs 7oz ready to fly.

Article's here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/reviews.ph...ew&reviewid=24

BTW, for the technical/statistical ones in the crowd, there's one typo in the article... I do know about it, but see if you can spot it!

Michael

Comment

Wow..I'm gonna have to get me one of those....although a Miss Merced would be pretty attractive too.....I wonder if it flies inverted..?

Type found.....Elevtator
          the other Wayne................

Comment

Originally posted by GWB
            .....I wonder if it flies inverted..?
            With that much undercamber, I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by GWB
              Type found.....Elevtator
              Actually, that isn't the one... Look for some statistics...
              <hint> off by 1

.....I wonder if it flies inverted..?
              Heh, well, let's just say that rolling is a challenge! Loops are possible, but it's meant to be a slowflyer for indoor gymnasiums and parks.

Michael

Comment

3K speed record - not 2K

Comment

Originally posted by Bob
                  3K speed record - not 2K
                  Ding ding ding... We have a winner!

A slip of the finger and it took 2 weeks after it was published before I even noticed it!

Michael

Comment

Here's another one

For outdoor flying:

Comment

Actually, that isn't the one... Look for some statistics...
                      <hint> off by 1
                      ..then there are two typos, as that one was copied and pasted directly from the review article............which I must admit was very well written and much better than the most all the reviews in the two well known model mags...
                      That looks like a fun plane to toss around in areas too small for my Zagi....
                      the other Wayne................

Comment

Working...
                      X