• Show
Clear All

Re: Shoestring racers

Originally posted by RandyGoss75
    Geek.

Comment

Hey Randy,
      Still want the old tail section off #44 "Judy" aka "Sitting Duck" for your project?

Hep

Comment

ok, enough discusion about the book. RG, When are going to get together and build the one you've got in your garage? OR at least, split a 12 pack in you garage staring at the parts, freezing our butts off, and talk about putting it together!

Race 29!
        Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Hi Randy,

Don't forget Vince DeLuca's Rickey Rat, modded by John Parker to Top Turkey, won Reno in '77 and sold to race once (or twice) as Polecat. Last heard of years ago in back of a hangar in Chicago I think. I have lots of F1 Shoe pix but you are going to have to come down and visit to get em!

Bill Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by BillRo
            and sold to race once (or twice) as Polecat.
            Bill....wasn't Polecat a custom design F-1 that Ernie Prosch built? Circa 1977 or so?

Might just be me.....

Comment

Yes Brad, It probably is just you....

Comment

Originally posted by wingman
                Yes Brad, It probably is just you....
                What was it that Bucky told me once when I said he was 'getting old'?

He said "GETTING? Man....I'm already THERE!"

Comment

You are quite right - same name but an original design; Ernie made a beautiful plane (it made it's first flight at the Reno races!); he sold it to a Japanese B747 pilot who PIOed it in at MJA. I have some air-to-air pix of it with Parker's #3 Wild Turkey.

Bill

Comment

Is that #15 "Loki" you are talking about???

Bill, I would love to come see you and talk Shoestring! All the best,RG
                    (Brad's OTHER brother Randy)
                    Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
                    RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Ernie built Loki before Polecat. He sold Loki to Marc DeLay, it then went to Ward Garland who renamed it Slapshot had a T-6 driver Marshall Wells fly it @ Reno in 1977. After the engine failed, Marshall put it into the sagebrush and took the gear off it.

Bill

Comment

Damn T-6 drivers!

Does Ward still have the pieces- or do you know what became of them??
                        RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Damn T-6 drivers!

Hey Randy....didn't Greenamyer prang your bird at one point?

Comment

The way I heard the story.........
                            Darryl Greenamyer landed "Yellow Jacket" down in Lemon Valley after the engine quit on his first flight in it. There was no damage to the airplane, untill someone came sliding up in a Blazer or Bronco to "help" and crashed into the wing
                            Obviously, it didn't do too much damage. But- can you imagine! hahaha

I asked Darryl about it several years ago- he said that was a long time ago, and that he didn't remember that much about it. RG
                            RIP 03/17/10

Comment

The way I heard the story.........
                              Darryl Greenamyer landed "Yellow Jacket" down in Lemon Valley after the engine quit on his first flight in it. There was no damage to the airplane, untill someone came sliding up in a Blazer or Bronco to "help" and crashed into the wing
                              Obviously, it didn't do too much damage. But- can you imagine! hahaha

I asked Darryl about it several years ago- he said that was a long time ago, and that he didn't remember that much about it. RG

Uh huh.....this from the guy who can pretty much tell you about every minute of every adventure in Conquest 1, the RB-104, and can probably still recite the start-up checklist for the SR-71 from memory.

Its all 'selective'. :-)

Comment

Randy-
                                According to Ward's son, Scott, Loki parts are still in Ward's back yard. Love to know the condition, it'd be a pretty airplane to see fly again.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X