Hey FlyingLo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey FlyingLo

Hello Jeff -- Sorry for the delay in replying to your email.

Timing is soon, but not til I get customers taken care of. It also depends on whether we can get our Webmaster to code and set up the article... It really would be nice to see a good article on the Biplane Racers.

Neal
    Attached Files

Neal,

Let me know when you're ready and when you've sufficiently twisted the webmaster's arm on setting up the article. There's going to be some interesting stuff happening with the biplanes, hopefully in time for Reno 2003.

Also, I've included a shot in the opposite direction of yours. Well, OK so it was during a practice session and not heat 1B which your photo looks like, I mean I couldn't race with the camera, it took 10 mph right off the top end. That heat was a lot of fun, I thought I had it made when the leader made his rookie mistake, but of course Cris Ferguson was lurking right behind me as well ready to drop me back into 2nd...

Jeff
    Biplane race #6
    "Miss Dianne"
    Attached Files
    Jeff Lo
    Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
    Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

Hmmmmm

Flyinlo....and relation to J Lo?

Awww c'mon...I know you are groanin...but in the humorous reference world...there is always room for J Lo...

Comment

Jeff,

Nice photo!! Do you have more like that?

Don

Comment

More photos

I do indeed have a few more photos taken from the plane on the race course. I flew both Wednesday practice sessions with my old Nikon N70 out on the right hand I strut, but I haven't yet scanned all the slides (I wasn't about to hang my brand new D100 out there in a 200mph breeze!). A number of the photos are somewhat blurry from vibration (I can't imagine why ), although a number came out nicely. I'll start a thread over in the image post forum with what i've got.

Jeff Lo
          Biplane race #6
          "Miss Dianne"
          Jeff Lo

Comment

Lurking

You're right Jeff -- that was the Thurs 1B Heat, and yes, Chris was lurking...
            Attached Files

Comment

Lurking

And this was th eventual result. Were you aware all along that he was there? That was a fun bit of racing to watch and photograph... Thanks.

Wingman
              Attached Files

Comment

Moment Before

Wingman,

That'll teach me not to turn around! I kept my eye on the field that was still approaching and missed the pass..

I agree that a photo feature on the biplanes is overdue and we should get to it this year for sure!

Wayne
                Attached Files
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Lurking and passing

I knew Cris was back there somewhere, I caught glimpses of him every now and then, but I was mostly too busy trying to figure out how to get around Jeff Watkins to keep track of where Cris was. Especially in the turns. I was flying a tighter line than Watkins, and as I caught up with him in the turns I would lose him under the nose and I had to keep unloading to keep track of him. When Watkins went way wide on the last turn I thought I had the race won, and focused on the home pylon until I saw Cris come down over my right shoulder and pass me.

The best part about the whole thing was that a friend's young (pre-teen?) daughter Deena has been crewing for me the last few years wiping down the airplane and such, and has gotten parade car rides with us a couple of times. I reminded her that she might not get a ride in the parade car this year, and Art, one of Cris' crew, told her that if they won that she could go with them. After Cris won and the parade car came to pick him up, Art came over and told Deena to hurry up and get in the car, to which she firmly told him that she was on MY team and would do no such thing!

Loyalty to your race team starts young!
                  Jeff Lo

Comment

Way to go on your crew member, thats awsome, To have chance to ride in the winners circle and pass it up because, she is on your team, thats great.........in the Navy we call that

HONOR, COUGARE, COMMITMENT

BRAVO ZULO.....

craig(cranky)Beal....Race 104 russian roulette
                    Can you say .."YAK"

Comment

Working...
                    X