Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fans!

Wayne,

Flying home yesterday, I spent much of the flight making notes on what we did, what went right, and what we can do to make it better next time. This event was fantastic, and I think it was well received by all those who were there.

Sunday, I was able to get out of the TV truck for a little bit, and made the rounds of the area. I asked the race teams how things were going, and they said that most people didn't know who they were. They were getting some very interesting questions, like "How many people can ride in that thing?" It was a totally different world from the intense fans at Reno. But all saw it as a positive experience to educate a new audience.

The best thing for all of us who love air racing is, that we were able to expose racing to more people in these two days than have ever had a first time exposure before. What that means for EVERYONE is that this is the first step to a wider more mainstream audience. And that means more teams, more fans, more sponsorships, and possibly more prize money (we hope).

Be on the lookout for the next installment of Las Vegas Air Racing. For those of us who can't get enough of a good thing, we've got another chance to get our fix!

Jeff Lee
    Lee Production Services/Austin
    World of Wings Media Productions
Working...
X