Trying to post a photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to post a photo

This (if it works) is for Rare Bear fans everywhere !!!

OK Wayne -- What did I do wrong? My photo didn't appear with my message !??!!

Neal
    Attached Files

Comment

Wonder why it didn't work the first time?

Comment

Thanks Neal !

I've been wanting to see a nice clear shot of that for a while. Thanks again !

Duane
        One more blade and a little less roar, Team Rare Bear ROCKED in 2004 !

Comment

Originally posted by wingman
          Wonder why it didn't work the first time?
          Not sure Neal? I was just playing with it using a dialup and it seems to work, though I did not try to upload a picture. The only thing I can think of was that it took a long time for the picture to upload and the connection may have timed out? Lemme check the timing of you and Kraz's post too, it *may* be that you were both trying to upload an image at the same time and that could have caused it (though I doubt it would)

The board writes to a temp file when you upload (not sure what it does with it there) then it writes the upload to the sql database.. (not sure what happens there either.. Like an automatic transmission, I don't question how it works, I just like it when it does )

Somebody else had problems this evening, I was sleeping so did not notice any slowdowns but there may have been a network hickup earlier..

Anyway.. it worked and I love that shot! I was looking all over for it the other day, I know you sent it but I'll be damned if I can find it.

Any objections to the team using that for pattern if they wanted to use it for any "objects-de-art" for their team store??

Wayne
          PS.. (adding this via edit) when you tried the post, did you wait till it redirected you back to the message? If not it might not have had time to upload the image.. just another idea..
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Interestingly, this tail shot is not the one I tried originally. I retried the other, and got a message that the image had to be no larger than 600x800. The image is a 600x800 jpeg, just like the tail shot, but it was resized from a 1024 scan that I originally did for another purpose, rather than scanned as 600x800 from the start. Could the resizing make a difference in how the program perceives the image?

Neal

Comment

Interestingly, this tail shot is not the one I tried originally. I retried the other, and got a message that the image had to be no larger than 600x800. The image is a 600x800 jpeg, just like the tail shot, but it was resized from a 1024 scan that I originally did for another purpose, rather than scanned as 600x800 from the start. Could the resizing make a difference in how the program perceives the image?

Neal
              It shouldn't matter Neal, unless the image was larger than 100kb, which is the other limit I set. I did not set a height tag though.. yet it returned a message on that?

The board would have no way of knowing that the image was at one time larger, as far as I know anyway, most of the stuff Bear is uploading is downsized from larger..

I only told the program config to allow up to 600 and up to 100kb.. It *should* allow images within that size limit.. Check the file size, if it's over 100kb that might be it and I'll have to up the file size a bit more.

Other than that, it's pretty kewl to be able to let image uploads happen! We'll get all the kinks out of this bugger yet !

Enjoy your "free" time!!
              Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Uploading for Wingman

Well we figured it out and here's a couple that Wingman asked me to upload for him after we resized them to the server specs...

First one..
                Attached Files
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Posting Image For Wingman

And here's numba two... Beauty!
                  Attached Files
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I reduced this one to 600x400. Let's see if it loads. Hey Wayne - this is fun -- Is there going to be just one thread with photos? I'm not entirely clear on what we're doing with pictures.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Now the Bearcat shot lost a lot in being reduced -- Hey Wayne, why did this happen when I used the "reduce" command in Paintshop Pro? Shouldn't it get sharper when reduced?

Comment

Now the Bearcat shot lost a lot in being reduced -- Hey Wayne, why did this happen when I used the "reduce" command in Paintshop Pro? Shouldn't it get sharper when reduced?
                        Yea, you use a different version of the graphics proggy.. lemme look. There are a couple ways to get it down sized.. wait one.

On version 7 click on image then resize and choose "smart size" or "biliniar" or "bicubic" just don't pick pixel and it will be ok..

It'll slightly soften the image and a touch of sharpen will bring it back nicely.

You can spend hours on images but if they are good to start with, usually a downsizing and then one hit with sharpen makes them look great..

One-Take
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I reduced this one to 600x400. Let's see if it loads. Hey Wayne - this is fun -- Is there going to be just one thread with photos? I'm not entirely clear on what we're doing with pictures.
                          Nope you can start as many new threads with images as you want. In fact, probably a good way to do it since if there are 30 images in one thread it's going to make that thread load slow.

Just trying to keep them down here in the image section so if someone wants to read a post without images (read slow connection) then they can.

I get spoiled since I've been on broadband for over a year so I don't notice much of anything unless it's huge.. (broadband can download about a meg in 20 sec or less)

But I try to keep in mind that not everyone has it.. as you well know <g>

Wayne
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Here it is again -- done as suggested with "Smart Reduce".

I also lightened it a bit and reduced contrast a bit. Wayne -- does this look too light on your monitor?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here it is again -- done as suggested with "Smart Reduce".

I also lightened it a bit and reduced contrast a bit. Wayne -- does this look too light on your monitor?
                              Looks much smoother, much better but yes, on my settings a bit light and needs a bit more contrast <ducking>

First one looked about right, maybe a bit dark, but mostly right. On that one I'd have probably hit it with a bout maybe 5 gamma correction to lighten it a bit and then hit it with about +10 contrast and +2 brightness..

Generally, I never remove contrast to lighten it tends to take out the detail.. least in my eyes..

Gotta eat.. be back in a while.. enjoying this!

One-Take
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X