Nellis Air Show Friday Practice Air Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nellis Air Show Friday Practice Air Racing

Pretty tired here but I'll post up a few photos of what I got to see today. One thing that stands out... The BEAR IS IN THE AIR AGAIN!!

Excuse the quality of the pix. We did not get flying until late and the light went away on us big time. couple that with shooting through plexi and it is not the best quality...

I did have the unforgettable experience of flying with Curt Brown in Bob Button's American Spirt L-39.. shootin' with G's on man.. what an experience!!
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

As I mentioned.. Wayne is very tired this evening so I'll keep my comments to a minimum and try to let the pix speak for me.. I only wish they truly depicted what this feels like!
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

My 7 or 8 lb camera now weighing considerably more than I'm used to, Curt swings out and then back to get us in line for a better shot for me..

I'll tell ya what.. Curt Brown is one hell of a pilot!!!
      Attached Files
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne,

The second shot is FANTASTIC!! I haven't ached to be in the cockpit this bad since I was a "wee-lad", watching the Intruders shoot approaches at NAS Whidbey. The day I got a wave from one of the crew is something I'll always remember. I had a smile on my face then just about as big as the one I've got now. Way to go!

Comment

Second shot is FANTASTIC

I agree about the second shot. After seeing it I immediately made it my screen saver!

Comment

I love it-

Great shots even with the lighting conditions- seeing Dago off the wing of Rare Bear leaves me itchin' for Reno '03. I hope everybody's healthy by then.

Comment

many thanks Wayne, yhese shots are really C L

what a pleasure to look at Rare Bear flying again! it seems unreal... !

all agree with the others, the second shot is fantastic, we're in the race...

thanks to have suffered a lot for us in this shaking "HELL 39"
              Niko

Comment

Oh man!

Wayne, awesome shots.... seein' the Bear in the air, air to air... oh damn, I've got goosebumps. In fact there is a greasy spot on my monitor from my forehead as I scrolled to the second shot. You'll have to excuse me now, I've got to go run around my living room with my arms outstretched making airplane noises. Watch out Hallway of Speed, here I come!

Bill Pearce
                Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Working...
                X