Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up late after a hard day thinking.. Just a question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Up late after a hard day thinking.. Just a question....

Hi Wayne,

I sincerely hope things work out better for you in the future, this site is the only one of it's kind.

Aside from a few photos here and there, i suppose i'm not much of a contributer. It's just part of my daily routine to visit a handful of sites and AAFO is the first on my list.

Here are a few of my different handle, none of which were meant to suggest that i'm someone other than myself.

WAP - RB-51NUT
    Fencecheck - Sierra Fox
    Panoramio - warbirdfotos
    Myspace - Anthony (rb_51_nut)
    Prog Archives - Anthem One

But really i'm just plain old Anthony Taylor
    "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffS
      Wayne,

Given that many folks here personally know one or more other members, I wonder if some kind of "invitation" system (ex. like Gmail used to use) or requiring a "reference" from an existing member (in good standing) in order for a new person to sign up (?)

Cheers,

Geoff S.
      If this was the case I would have never made it to the site. I ran across this site in my search for "airrace knowledge". Reno comes around once a year and this site is the only place that helps keep me half way sane during the year. I do not post a lot while I am here. Simply because I am near the end of the information chain. I just love the updates, information, conversation and photos that everybody contributes to. I do not personally know anybody through this message board and hopefully in the future that may change. Every year at Reno we spend each night till 9 or 10 walking around the pits visiting with a lot of people about our passion for aviation. I value my visit here everyday. Thank you all.

And yes. I believe you should do what is best for this site. I do not mind identifying myself to the mods and management.

Thanks again,
      Dustin Dwyer
      Last edited by DWYER; 02-22-2008, 09:30 AM.
      My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Originally posted by DWYER
        If this was the case I would have never made it to the site. I ran across this site in my search for "airrace knowledge". Reno comes around once a year and this site is the only place that helps keep me half way sane during the year. I do not post a lot while I am here. Simply because I am near the end of the information chain. I just love the updates, information, conversation and photos that everybody contributes to. I do not personally know anybody through this message board and hopefully in the future that may change. Every year at Reno we spend each night till 9 or 10 walking around the pits visiting with a lot of people about our passion for aviation. I value my visit here everyday. Thank you all.

And yes. I believe you should do what is best for this site. I do not mind identifying myself to the mods and management.

Thanks again,
        Dustin Dwyer
        I agree... I would not have made it into here if I had to wait to be invited... This place ROCKS!!!! It's how alot of us keep the fire burning for air racing, flight and war birds... My .02, I'll set off the stage now, thanks for listening...

Eric Butner
        Cheers

Comment

If I know anyone on this board, I don't know it, so a "by invitation only" foremat would exclude me... I sure hope it doesn't come to that.. My basketball team is losing, NASCAR is starting to suck, can't do without my "plane fix"... rgrstndgby...........Jim Bauersachs.......

Comment

Originally posted by RGRSTNDGBY
            If I know anyone on this board, I don't know it, so a "by invitation only" foremat would exclude me... I sure hope it doesn't come to that.. My basketball team is losing, NASCAR is starting to suck, can't do without my "plane fix"... rgrstndgby...........Jim Bauersachs.......
            Along the lines of knowing people on here.. We need a secret hand shake, no we don't know who is who yet... How bout having Wayne sell ball caps from here so we'll know if we see some one from here.... Or met up at a time and place at Reno? Some thoughts from a race fan.

Eric
            Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ebutner
              I agree... I would not have made it into here if I had to wait to be invited... This place ROCKS!!!! It's how alot of us keep the fire burning for air racing, flight and war birds... My .02, I'll set off the stage now, thanks for listening...

Eric Butner
              Not to worry, I'd never go that route... Too many fine people come here, and new one's drop in from time to time... that would not work...

I have hatched a "plot" that might work, however.. Since as far as I can tell, the only thing we can't control.. meaning things happen out in the open, so all can see, moderators can nuke posts and we move on..

THE ONLY THING that can and was abused is the PM system.... I think the worst thing we might have to do is change the member rules to omit PM's unless you "subscribe" to the board and then via a credit card, pay a nominal fee like a buck or something less... THEN we would have TRUE identity... at least, we'd have the ID of the person who bought the subscripton... that would not totally lock the system down but it would make it a lot harder for someone to get an AOL account, hide their whereabouts by AOL's proxy system, or any of the other ways that people hide who their true identity on the internet...

*sigh*

I'm doing nothing other than gnash my teeth for now though..

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                change the member rules to omit PM's unless you "subscribe" to the board and then via a credit card, pay a nominal fee like a buck or something less... THEN we would have TRUE identity... \
                Hell I'll pay to play here.... WTF

It's amazing how such a very few can f%ckup so many...

I remain Victor Archer... OH SH!T I mean Victor G. Archer

PS..... It's kinda funny but a bunch of people replying to this thread saying "Yeah OK I'm in" didn't say who they realy are, or [ass-(out of)-u-(&)-me-d] we knew who they are... or were.....
                - - -
                http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Working...
                X