Victor,Victor,Victor.
    Dancer is one of the most amazing ever

Comment

Re: 'NOSE SHOTS'!!!

Wow, look at that guy's leg. Rad

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyD
        An Old Derby-winning War Horse - Race #69 Jeannie (N79111) - recouperates on the Stead Field ramp on Mon. 9/15/80, following Roy 'Mac' McClain's incredible Reno '80 Unlimited Gold Championship Cinderella-win the day before. (Hard-won victories over great odds, are truly the SWEETEST!). (Note the Van Nuys' cornfield cob abrasions to the gear door's lowest text engravings...)

This one's posted in memory of dear departed friends- Mac & Mr. 'Z' DBD
        Nice shot Bucky!!! Jeannie/Miss Candace/GG was, and is one of my all time sentimental favs. Very cool shot, and neat angle! Great work..........I would hope that Jimmy would keep those engraved LG doors. I remember thinking how cool those were when I saw them back in '80.......
        Last edited by t-dub; 02-06-2008, 08:08 PM.
        "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

...going off the rails on a crazy train....

Comment

BuckyD,
            what a marvellous thread you´ve started with NOSE SHOTS.
            Thank you A LOT.

Comment

Ok.. I wanna play some more!

Here's one from GML... I think I'm old enough now to deserve a bit of memory fade so... FORGIVE me if I've already posted it!!!

OK... added some more, all from GML.. again, if I've posted before.. sorry...

Attached Files
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hey Bucky, happy birthday from one who shares your pain! LOL! Peas
                Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Someone asked for directions how to post a photo so I'll do my best here..

When you make a post, there will be a "manage attachments" button below.. use that to browse your system to the location of the photo you want to upload..

Biggest reason photos don't go in is probably size..

Because photos look as good at 80% quality as they do at full .jpg quality and 100% quality is just simply a waste of space, I have it set so that you will have to crop or size your image to no more than 900 pixels wide, (height is irrlevent) and save it with optimization to about 80-88% quality.. that should net you an image that will upload..

Hope this helps...

Wayne
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

All very nice shots there Wayne. At first, I thought that last one was taken at night.

Jarrod

Comment

BIG THANKS, Tagliavore (Glad to have a post w/mucho participators)

& 'Ditto'-to-you Peashooter (Happy B-Day Back At Ya!)

Here's a trio of noser portraits of some racers- 'Chompin' at the Bit' -to be let out of their stalls to get back out on the race course! DBD

(P.S. - Friendly reminder to photo posters - 'nose shots' vs. obvious frontal or profile portraits of complete aircraft, please! Keep 'em comin'! )
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by BuckyD; 02-07-2008, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodeu
                        All very nice shots there Wayne. At first, I thought that last one was taken at night.

Jarrod
                        LOL... black backdrop in the hangar where Dan Patterson was shooting EVERY Mustang there for the book of the event.

Paintboy and I got to see some of the tethered camera stuff he was shooting (medium format digital) it was SUPER!

This book will become a MUST have!

Not sure when it will release but I know they are working on it now..

Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyD
                          (P.S. - Friendly reminder to photo posters - 'nose shots' vs. obvious frontal or profile portraits of complete aircraft, please!
                          Sorry Bucky... I've got limited time to dig, and right now my "assignment" is to go through my GML stuff per agreement with the show..

Ran across these, actually, they were the only ones already "in the can" as they were submissions for publication here and there and I could not show them while issues were pending or current....

Just wanted to share..

I got a bunch more from the show, a lot of Nose Shots... may even have time to get some for here....

Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

This is a kinda nose shot...
                            ...going off the rails on a crazy train....

Comment

ORANGE

Comment

Thanks Wayne......

Phoenix, Oct, 07
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X