'NOSE SHOTS'!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 'NOSE SHOTS'!!!

Hey Bucky, Not to be nit picky, but you've got your watermarks crossed on the two lower "Rare Bear" shots. '99 should be '06 and vise versa. Don't want to confuse anybody ( like me?!?!) LOL!
    "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

So many noses. So here are a few from me.

I had more, but the upload process had issues with file sizes.

These were taken at Moffett Field, May 1976.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by t-dub
        Hey Bucky, Not to be nit picky, but you've got your watermarks crossed on the two lower "Rare Bear" shots. '99 should be '06 and vise versa. Don't want to confuse anybody ( like me?!?!) LOL!
        BIG THANKS, t-dub, for the 'heads-up' on my watermark date glitch on the two Rare Bear shots. That was much appreciated & corrected scans have been reinserted on that posting. You get points for being keenly-observant & helping to keep the record straight. I've been adled with the flu bug & that's an easy goofup anyway during the editing process. Thanks again, for covering my six! DBD

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyD
          I've been adled with the flu bug
          My heart goes out to you Bucky.. I JUST had my first comfortable day after two weeks with this Pacific Northwest crudbug!

Just when you think you're over it, it morphs into some other evil incarnation and nails you again!

Knocking on wood.... it's kicked it's last kick with me!

Hope you get over it quick!

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hey Bucky, in the Furias shot on the bottom row, I believe that’s Dave DeWitt wrenching on top of the cowl. He and Denny Jones (which I think that could be his hand on the right) are working with us on the Pops team now. They crewed for Lloyd for many years and have some cool stories.
            Last edited by Jason S.; 03-13-2008, 04:26 AM.
            Jason Schillereff

Comment

Thanks, Wayne - I know whut ya mean - I call this flu variety - 'The Boomerang Crud' (at least the coughing isn't as severe as some hacking versions - small blessing, huh? It's become quite popular up here in The Last Frontier). Get well.

Thanks, Jason & Wayne, for the personnel IDs - much appreciated and duly-recorded for the archives. DBD

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyD
                Thanks, Wayne - I know whut ya mean - I call this flu variety - 'The Boomerang Crud' (at least the coughing isn't as severe as some hacking versions - small blessing, huh? It's become quite popular up here in The Last Frontier). Get well.

Thanks, Jason & Wayne, for the personnel IDs - much appreciated and duly-recorded for the archives. DBD
                Hey Bucky I just got a confirmation email back from Dave and here's what he said.
                "The picture is of a typical "plug change" on old Furias. Denny is on the right, I'm on top and Mike O'Kelly is on the left. Mike was a volunteer from Graham, Washington and is one of the best tow drivers I have ever met. He is a heavy equipment driver and does a lot of logging and clearing. He is one good guy and I miss seeing him at Reno. By the way, we got to where we could change all 56 sparkplugs in about 2.5 hrs (four of us - two pulling plugs, one checking gaps and one putting plugs back in; then every one putting plugs in, torqueing and putting baffles and cowling back on. It still makes me tired thinking about it)."
                Jason Schillereff

Comment

• Re: 'NOSE SHOTS'!!! NXT

Jessica Ambats
                  Attached Files
                  http://www.kevineldredge.com
                  http://www.myairport.com
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey RELENTLESS- Totally- AMAZING photo!!! PERFECT in every way!!! Made my day - thanks for sharing this with us. DBD
                    Last edited by BuckyD; 03-21-2008, 03:28 PM.

Comment

'Nother fun EZ nose shot...
                      Attached Files
                      Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                      World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Well that didn't work how about this?
                        Strega
                        Bill Garnett
                        InterstellarDust
                        Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Yikes too grainy after youtube got done rendering it. I'll try a smaller version.
                          Bill Garnett
                          InterstellarDust

Comment

How about this?
                            Strega

I guess they are the same and not to bad if you don't view them full screen.
                            Last edited by Bill@Interstell; 03-27-2008, 10:36 PM.
                            Bill Garnett
                            InterstellarDust

Comment

Thanks, Jason S., for going the extra mile to get those Furias crew IDs (- they've been included w/the posted photo).

Here's a couple Furias nose shots to thank Denny for his help also. Names have been added to the Dawsonian air race photo archives DBD

"INLINES vs. BIG ROUNDIES"...........................(& vice-versa!)
                              Attached Files

Comment

More Snozz Shots from the archives... Photos (L-R):

1. Mon. 3/21/94 - PHX-500 Departures. 2. Reno '81 - White Lightnin' sunset. Big thanks to my old pal - Steve Tank, air race photog extraordinaire, for use of his stout shoulders for extra photo elevation angle (note our 'shadow') on this shot. 3. Mon. 9/16/85 - Reno '85 departures. DBD
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by BuckyD; 04-08-2008, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X