Breaking GOOD News - Blue Thunder II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking GOOD News - Blue Thunder II

Wow... this just in from John & Jan Parker and American Air Racing...

**Begin Press Release**
    Bob Garrison has sold his complete Thunder Mustang kit to us in terms and conditions that are so favorable to us it is like a gift. His kit will become Blue Thunder II. We owe Bob more THANKS than anyone could imagine.

An ABF truck arrived at the AAR facility today at about 0920 with the Blue II kit on board. With the help of the Blue Crew and our airport volunteers, the unloading began.

By 1230 the truck was unloaded and the crew broke for lunch, and a celebration that the Blue Thunder II kit was on the property.

With all the support we have, we should have Blue II far enough along in the construction process that she can be “a roller” by Thunderstorm 2008.

The next event for the Blue Thunder Racing Team and the Thunder Builders Group is to support George Giboney with “Rapid Travel” at the Pylon Racing School in June 2008.

With many thanks to all.
    John & Jan Parker

**End Press Release**

Watch for a new and updated AmericanAirRacing.Com website coming soon!!

Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Breaking GOOD News - Blue Thunder II

Off Topic:Wayne. Great news about Blue Thunder II. Saw planes under water from NW storm at some aiports. How are you doing?
    Lockheed Bob

Comment

Back on topic: This warms my heart. Thanks for sharing Wayne.
      _________
      -Matt
      Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Wayne - Thanks for the post. This is truly great news. Best of luck to Mr. Parker and crew for a speedy and successful build. Can't wait to see Blue II rippin' round the pylons again.
        Mark Johnson
        Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

Great news! It will be awesome seeing her rounding the pylons!

Comment

This is great news!! Maybe it's time to send a little Christmas cash their way as well.

Rachel

Comment

Great Christmas present, accept for that d*mn "some assembly is required"....

Comment

Thats awesome news, happy building to the crew at AAR, it will be good to see Blue II on the course
                race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Originally posted by dineega
                  This is great news!! Maybe it's time to send a little Christmas cash their way as well.

Rachel

http://www.bluethunderairracing.com/
                  AMEN Rachel!!

I had forgotten that we put that button on the site for them!

Boy that would make their Christmas special... I have not talked with John yet but I'm going to bet that BT2 is gonna be a *bit* more slick than BT1...

Anyone ever noticed how much room there was under the canopy over John's head???

Asked him about slicking her a bit back a ways... his answer was something like... (you have to know John to feel the cadence of the ....'s "..... uh.. well.... yes.... if somebody had the money... you could do a lot of things...."

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by dineega

Rachel

http://www.bluethunderairracing.com/
                    I sent them $150, never heard a peep.

Kinda' disappointing......

Comment

Originally posted by AlisoBob

Dunno when you sent it Bob but I know they were literally in tears at Reno because of the donations.. They may not know how to reply to the donations when they come in via PayPal..

Trust me though, they were extremely touched at the reaction when we put that button up and I'm sure that any donations that come in now will be equally appreciated, though, perhaps, not personally acknowledged by them..

Wayne
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Then its all good .....

Comment

Jan sent me a couple of very nice emails thanking me for my donations last summer which were peanuts compared to yours.
                          I'm positive they would have tried to contact you. I agree with Wayne about the paypal thing, or maybe their email got filtered out??
                          I know they were very touched by all the donations.
                          I've never met the Parkers; been to the hangar plenty of times, but never officially met them, but I could tell by the emails how much the support meant to them.
                          You're right - it's all good
                          cheers,
                          Rachel

Comment

Originally posted by AlisoBob

Sorry to hear that Bob. I know during Reno Jan was trying to thank everyone who paypal-ed some funds. She and John were totally overwhelmed by the support and the encouraging words people would say as they stopped in. In fact we all were. It really hit home that Blue Thunder was a big part of a lot of peoples lives. For John there was never any glory in it, he just wanted to go fast and come in first. It really blows him a way when strangers come up to him and not only know who he is, but all about him.

On the technical aspect, John and Jan are not super savvy with paypal and things like that (spam blockers). AAR also gets hammered by spam, 100s per day if not near a thousand. From what I saw the Parkers were very appreciative of every penny they received.

My apologies on the oversight and I know it was not intentional.
                            Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                            Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Regardless... The time to send " Thank You's" has passed... Its time to BUILD!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X