What a beauty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a beauty

Just saw your pictures in Pacific Flyer, "Wayne Sager(sic), Photographer". Awesome photos Wayne of a truly beautiful aircraft.
    I was in the crowd of spectators Friday morning watching the Record runs (which we were told at the gate were cancelled, even as we heard and saw the H-1 takeoff; guess they did'nt want to open up) and while on the surface it may sound boring, it was truly a thrill to see. My grainy, out of focus and sun shocked video is a treasure.
    It was hard to photograph the H-1 cuz the sun was reflected off the skin and kept overwhelming my cameras!

Purty, purty, purty!

Leo
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Sometimes We Get Lucky!

In my case, meeting the great crew of the Hughes Replica in Cottage Grove in May of this year started a great relationship with those great people there..

My mouth drops open every time I look at the detail of the construction of the airplane and I still marvel at the dedication of the men and women of that group in doing such a thing.

What they have done is far beyond merely creating an airplane, they have recreated history for all to see!

For one, by building and flying this airplane, they allow the capture of it with modern equipment in full dramatic color as its never before been seen.

My luck extended to being the first, and so far *only* photographer to shoot the airplane with pro level gear through an open window.. this allowed me to open some pretty big doors and actually, for the first time, sell to an ink and paper pub some of my work.

A proud moment for me indeed!

There are more coming in a couple other mags.. Flight Journal and AOPA Pilot and, hopefully Air & Space Smithsonian also..

Floating on cloud nine?? Damn straight I am!

Wayne Sagar
    PS.. Griffon Girl also got into the act on Friday. I needed to stay with the team to record the historic event from that perspective, we sent GG out on the course with the other Nikon and she got some absolutely epic shots of the speed runs..

Stay tuned to see her work published also. (crossing fingers and holding breath!)
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
    X