Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>> S T I L E T T O >>> !!!

Originally posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    We were on the radio with Skip every moment of the race. Stiletto and Dago were so far ahead of the pack that the minute Rick blew up Skip reduced power gradually over the remaining laps. We had a aftercooler leak issue and were glad Rick pulled first.

MJ
    Thanks kindly, many of us miss that airplane(as a racer). Would've liked to have seen what it could really have done with more years of development behind it. I liked the extended wing tips on the 90's version.

BTW, nice lines you flew in Strega(in spite of the traffic).
    Last edited by John; 08-29-2015, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jackson View Post
      We were on the radio with Skip every moment of the race. Stiletto and Dago were so far ahead of the pack that the minute Rick blew up Skip reduced power gradually over the remaining laps. We had a aftercooler leak issue and were glad Rick pulled first.

MJ
      Nice to hear the inside details of the race. As a fairly new follower, I've never had the opportunity to see Stiletto which is a shame. My first year was the the year GG came back. Let's hope to see future surprises in air racing and folks like yourself still involved to some degree even if not in the cockpit!

Comment

Originally posted by rforslund View Post
        Nice to hear the inside details of the race. As a fairly new follower, I've never had the opportunity to see Stiletto which is a shame. My first year was the the year GG came back. Let's hope to see future surprises in air racing and folks like yourself still involved to some degree even if not in the cockpit!
        (Whispers)Wildfire(whispers)
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
        X