photos of Glasair III #42?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: photos of Glasair III #42?

PS: Question to the forum moderator, somehow I can only add pictures with 1 MByte total? After 5 pictures I already reach that limit.
    Fixed...thanks for sharing!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

That is way cool! BTW where is Race #42 these days?
      Random Air Blog

Comment

Now is race #47 flown by Bob Mills.

Comment

Originally posted by coxtrot View Post
          Now is race #47 flown by Bob Mills.
          I think it's a different airframe? And hasn't 42 been held by Kevin since 2007-ish?
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Thanks for the comments. Here are some more pictures from building the Glasair.

#42 is flying since some years as #47 Lucky Mojo, since Kevin Eldredge sold her to build and fly Relentless.

Although there are kits available for the Glasair II with fixed landing gear, there is no information on the internet of an III with the long six cylinder cowling and retractable gears (which I find is the best looking version).

If there is interest, I can post an extra thread about the TK4. A few weeks ago my wife and me went to England for holiday and visited the de Havilland Museum together with ex employees who started working in the fifties.

My next model will be something different, but I'm already collecting information about another rare racer, the Laird Speedwing Junior. Only little information and a few pictures can be found on the internet. Maybe someone here in the forum knows more about that plane? It was the basis for the famous Solution and Super Solution.

Timo
            Attached Files

Comment

Last but not least, pictures of the first flights. Controls are great, smooth but with a good and quick response. Landings are easy. You just have to line up to the center of the airfield and control the sink rate with motor power, elevator can stay flat, no need for corrections with ailerons and rudder.

The shape of the model in the air looks identical to the original one, which was my goal but wasn't easy due to only 3-views and photos as source for my drawings. The wing is the short one for racing, of course :-)
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Timo; 08-22-2017, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X