Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vote for air racing cover on Air and Space!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vote for air racing cover on Air and Space!!!

Originally posted by MUSNTCHIT
    almost there...?
    Could be? Just don't know where "almost" is... F117 = 263, Air Racing = 716.

When this thing got started, I figured anything over 100 votes difference would be a "landslide" and get someone's attention. Now, Air Racing is coming up on 500 votes ahead (73.1%) and I'm wondering if the Air & Space folks will "get the message". So, I say keep voting until it ends, then we'll see which cover wins and which gets published.

Comment

Well, one thing is for sure....after all the time we spent voting every day, if they dont put up the air race cover, we know what to do the next time there is a cover we want to see!

Comment

Looks lke voting is over, voting for the February cover is up now. Don't know what the exact numbers are, but air racing was up by about 470 votes earlier today.

Great job and thank you to everyone who voted. Watch for the "fruit of our labors" when the January issue of Air & Space hits the newstand.

Comment

Yea, now we have to chose between a B-1 and a Spitfire!
          Which one would YOU rather see go around the pylons?

Comment

Looking at their web site today, it looks like the Stealth fighter got the cover anyway.

Comment

Thanks, Kevin....maybe we have been hoodwinked by the marketing dept. at Air and Space.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin L
                Looking at their web site today, it looks like the Stealth fighter got the cover anyway.
                Quick! Someone dial 911! We were Robbed!!

Will

Comment

What does it say about the current state of our country when old fashioned "ballot box stuffing" can't influence the vote?

Comment

Nothing said "Vote once and only once." So, did we really do anything wrong ??? In fact, I would say their "once an hour" policy encouraged multiple votes from everyone who really cared.

Hey Wayner, how about using your "Press" clout and let these people know they "done did us wrong".

Comment

I think Wayne said it first, way back on the first page.

Dont get disapointed if we win the vote, but dont get the story or cover. ASM will print what they want. Thats just the way it is.

We had a vote on air racing last year as well. Something with Mary Dilda if I remember, and we all voted our buts off, and lost that one too.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfee
                        I think Wayne said it first, way back on the first page.

Dont get disapointed if we win the vote, but dont get the story or cover. ASM will print what they want. Thats just the way it is.

We had a vote on air racing last year as well. Something with Mary Dilda if I remember, and we all voted our buts off, and lost that one too.
                        Yep... that's what I said.... We actually "lost" the Mary Dilda cover vote but got the cover.. I'd spoken with the art director for the magazine in question here and knew that Mary was the cover... while the vote was in its infancy, the art department had already made up their mind which would be the cover story.. It was Air Racing and that Mary had a piece of it... well it'd be nieve to think didn't have anything to do with the choice..

Don't get me wrong for a second.. I ADORE Mary Dilda, she's an excellent stick, deserved to get the cover!!!!!!!!!!!

But, you have to be realistic about this... Mary is a marketable commodity, she's gonna sell magazines..

That she's a championship caliber racer and a woman to boot is, well, you gotta admit.. somewhat "unique" at least in the eyes of the art departments and marketing folks out there.. the fact that you have a woman air racer on your cover is... well... "unique" and that's what A&S likes.. "Unique" angles..

A fellow photog slammed me for my original post on this subject... not sure why... but magazines are, first and foremost, BUSINESSES...

They make decisions on what they are going to do based on what will sell their magazines...

If that sort of statement rubs anyone the wrong way...

Life's too short to fret that sort of details!

See ya at the Pylon bar!

Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Yep...etc., etc. Blah, blah. Agree, agree. I knew that; and that too.

I HATE DECEPTION AT THE PROFESSIONAL LEVEL ! (Especially at the professional level.)

See you at the Pylon .
                          Last edited by Skyracer; 11-21-2007, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyracer
                            I HATE DECEPTION AT THE PROFESSIONAL LEVEL ! (Especially at the professional level.)
                            I'm with you on that one, Sky. Why even put the poll on the site in the first place?

I'm one who "voted early and often", so I am a bit bummed that ASM went the direction they did...
                            Mark Johnson
                            Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

Well one thing for sure I'll never buy a subscription. I'll read it @ the library or Barnes & Noble.
                              Lockheed Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X