Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What awaits in Reno '08

Reno 2008 Fortunes

Reno 2008 is to remind some of Stead in '88...
    The Unlimited field will glisten after the long-awaited arrivals of some of the most controversial, and historic racers to grace the pylons...

Some racers to appear, that we didn't see this year will be:
    The Return of the "Galloping Ghost" (aka "Leeward Air Ranch Special")
    The Return/Premier of "Frost Bite" (previously "Mr. Awesome")
    The Return of "Furias" - New owner
    The Return of "Dago Red" - New Owner, controversial Pilot

Brown will again bring a fast Sept. Fury, posting qualifying record.
    The Bear will have to see some diff. paint...
    Reports of Wild Fire making test flights will appear on the boards a few weeks before the races, but will not show.
    Some will see sneak photos of the Rogers RB-51 II in construction.

Questions... Will Rose finally make any flights/appearance with radical homebuilt? What about Greenameyer's Shockwave? Could there be a V-12 powered composite Mustang?

Other fortunes:
    Buccarelli will sell Precious Metal, however the aircraft will be acquired by a mysterious and political businessman, and will go in the dark until spring of '09 when the racer will debut again sporting many new mods. Wait for Reno '09 to see this one again.

Check Mate will be offered for sale again, and pending buyers may keep the racer from the pylons in '08.

Cowboyz_Mustang

Re: What awaits in Reno '08

Hmmmmmmmmmm........

Yup, a LOT of interesting things can develop between now and September '08.

Let's let the engines cool down from '07 first.

Comment

...and Double Threat rumors fly anew!
      Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
      World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
        Hey... I saw her sponsor there in force!

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hopefully Red Bull's P-38 will come to preform a show.
          Mabey Travolta will buy Precious Metal and will begin racing.
          My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
            Dammit Rudy, you beat me to it!

Rob

Comment

Hopefully Red Bull's P-38 will come to preform a show.
              I am boycotting Red Bull for what they took away from us.....

Don't get me wrong glad to see her back in one piece but she wasn't meant to look like that....

DAGO FOR THE WIN '08
              W.Hughes

Comment

Precious Metal isn't really Precious Metal, but maybe you already knew that. The REAL precious Metal crashed in the Gulf of Mexico but Whittington put that data plate on his basically scratch built second mustang. The New Precious Metal never came close to the speeds the Real one made. This info from a friend that knew Gary levitz very well and was on his crew for many years.
                John

Comment

I am boycotting Red Bull for what they took away from us.....

Don't get me wrong glad to see her back in one piece but she wasn't meant to look like that....

So you liked her better charred, bent, and covered in mud? Red Bull didn't take her away. But they did have her put back together. Not sure why they're considered bad guys in this. Not sure there are any bad guys involved whith this project. Now if it's about caffeine, I agree there are much better tasting options.

Comment

The Ghost will be the fastest horse by week's end.

The R-3350 Yak with yet another owner and name, will be a darker horse, but equally popular with fans.

"Furias" will be back, but will be the slowest of THREE R-4360 Sea Furies on the ramp.

"Dago Red" - New Owner yes, controversial pilot, well not really. Most are basically glad he bought it but they aren't sure about all the press and attention being a good thing.

The Bear will have no flames but some mean bear "nose art" and a radical wing mod.

Wildfire finally arrives. But can it do any better than Silver speeds?

No Rogers RB-51 II, but the buyer of PM may go all red and consider the RB II name.

Questions... Will Rose finally make any flights/appearance with radical homebuilt? It will fly, but not appear at Reno in September or on any other pylon course.

What about Greenameyer's Shockwave? If a buyer came along we might see four corncobs at Stead's 45th.

Could there be a V-12 powered composite Mustang? It's coming evntually. North Idaho will represent!

Race 86 may find a buyer now with its ever rising popularity. Hope they keep the pilot the same though.

Comment

And don't forget the long anticipated, long awaited for...........SUPER CUB RACE......This Race will be 10 laps on the unlimited course (and yes GPS can be used to located the pylons). The race is scheduled to start on Sunday before the races, and end the following Wednesday prior to the beginning of the official races. Off field landings and takeoffs will be allowed by RARA. NO PRS is required......just isn't enough time to make a circuit of the course during school week. It is hoped, that this race will not detract from the unlimited racers......after all they do have their place in racing too

Comment

Matt Jackson debuts his exotic high-mod Unlimited- "AMERICAN SPIRIT" fresh from Sanders Aviation shops (?!?) DBD

Comment

"THREE R-4360 Sea Furies on the ramp."

What did I miss?!?
                          What/Who is the 3rd 4360????

Comment

difernt planes Shawn
                            Attached Files

Comment

what awaits reno 08, well let me look into my crystal ball:

Strega arrives with a healthy not stock motor
                              Dago with new owner, new paint and mod's healthy motor
                              MB finds what caused the problems with 232 and arrives better than ever
                              Team steadfast arrives with turtle deck on, more power from the R-2000 quals at around 430
                              Wildfire debuts quals mid pack of silver and works to gold sunday, mid pack finish in debut
                              American Spirit gets completed, flown but doesnt race 08
                              Frost bit aka mr Awesome/red heat re appears,
                              D.G. announces that shockwave to debut 09, with major corprate sponsor
                              Miss America returns healthy and wins silver

my crystal ball just laughed at me

Oh yeah, a fan from way down under makes the trip and never leaves reno lol
                              race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Working...
                              X