Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft Graveyard

Question for you guys…
    Hoping someone can shed some light, or and least make up an answer with enough conviction the gullible saps like myself will believe (which really doesn’t take much)…

Regarding the USAF/DoD aircraft grave yard in AZ, how much security is there and can the average, non-GI, Joe gain access with out being thrown in the brig?

Kraz

Re: Aircraft Graveyard

Originally posted by Kraz
    Question for you guys…
    Hoping someone can shed some light, or and least make up an answer with enough conviction the gullible saps like myself will believe (which really doesn’t take much)…

Regarding the USAF/DoD aircraft grave yard in AZ, how much security is there and can the average, non-GI, Joe gain access with out being thrown in the brig?

Kraz
    Yea Kraz, I didn't think about the press access thing. We have the "right to assign" so if you need a letter.. I can fax/email you a form with editors signature of assignment..

You go girl!! Can't wait to see the pix.. !

Shortz
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Kraz,

...finally got a response from Air Force site...(slow due to 9-11 and ?)...Davis Mothan AFB I beleive is the place ya want to see...

here is a url : www.dm.af.mil/AMARC/

..is for "recycling" of excess militay materials...

..(bring plenty o prints ...they should make great barter!!!)

Best of Luck
      Mayday51
      Jim Gallagher

Comment

Kraz, when you are in the area visit the Pima Air Museum.

Experience 400 iconic aircraft, from a Wright Flyer to a 787 Dreamliner. Plan a visit today to explore our 6 hangars & 80 acre airfield of aviation history.

They have scheduled tours to the boneyard

* * * * * * AMARC Tours - Operating Normally * * * * * *
        Starting Monday, March 4, 2002, AMARC tour departure times will be at 10:00, 11:30, 1:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.

You could go at 1000 and come back on the last tour bus at 1430

Don

Plus the Pima Air Museum is a "must see" all by itself

Comment

Working...
        X