• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Critical Mass - Blind Man's Bluff = SPLIT THREAD

Roger..... Yeah!!!....SURE!!!...LOL....rb

Comment

Wow! Come across this thread and it turned into such a peach I could not stop reading till I finished it.

Thank you Mr. Burton for the ride!
      Chuck
      "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." Albert Einstein

Comment

I came into the hangar this morning at 06:55 and found Chuck Cabe preparing for his day and trying to stay warm in this jacket! I've never seen one in person, only in pictures. Chuck is here to wire the airplane, his notes say he last wired this airplane nearly 25 years ago for Levolor. His notes also show that he's wired almost 400 airplanes, every single one of them a warbird of some type. An amazing guy.
        Attached Files

Comment

Ken, super that you're sharing this in this thread... Blind Man's Bluff, Critical Mass.. has had a huge impact on us... (fans).. anything we can get... the smallest detail... very much appreciated.

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
            Sorry your post did not show up immediately... we screen new signups to keep out spam and other crap that shows up if you don't... and I'm almost two days behind on checking on this stuff....

You can click on Larry's profile and I believe you can email him from there.. or private message him..

We have not heard much from him lately and everyone hopes he's OK..!!

This is Larry's brother, Ron. Larry and our older bro, Dale live in Phoenix near the Deer Valley Airport... They are doing well for a couple of Ole' "Geezer's", Larry (75) is building an eletric train layout and Dale (77) is adding to his great collection of Race Car models... They have a lot of AAFO/air plane people around the airport that keeps them up with the haps goin' on. rb

Comment

C-Mass is looking great! Can you share some more pics with us?

I'm glad to hear that Larry is doing well, we haven't heard from him in so long.

Kevin

Comment

This is the part where Larry finds a 100% complete lotus 7 in a barn that was parked there 35 years earlier.

Comment

Bluffman, I'm the daughter of a T-6 pilot who died when I was very young. I have some questions I'm wondering if you can answer (simply because you referenced the T-6 in a thread) Thank you!

Comment

Larry, as I read more of your posts, it seems you know a lot of stuff that might be very helpful to me as I try to figure stuff out from the past. Is it possible that you could respond? Privately would be great...Many thanks.

Comment

I wanted to see if I could make this work again. Has been a long time since I have been on . Doing O.K.
                      Larry

Comment

Great to see you here again Larry! Have anything new your working on, pen to paper, or bending sheet metal. How about that F1 project? It has been a while, and I'm sure every one here will rellish every word you have to share with us. But most importantly, how are you doing?

Wolfee

Comment

Are you still here Larry? This is the best story on the net. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

Comment

• Epic thread revival. I stumbled across the Dwelle's "Sea Fury Central" Youtube channel. There are some really great videos showing BMB in the early days, and a few that talk about the challenges that were sorted out as BMB became Critical Mass.
                            Have a look, some very cool stuff.

Critical Mass Unlimited Air Racer. Reno Air Races. Tom Dwelle telling some aviation stories. Auburn, California, USA.

Will

Comment

• That's a great little video series. I wander through KAUN a few times a week, and sometimes get lucky enough to see the Sea Fury whenever they have the hangar open. The Dwelles are always happy to talk air racing.

Comment

• It's a terrific channel and I've been watching each video as it goes up. Fascinating stuff and invaluable to air race historians!
                                Zac in NZ

Comment

Working...
                                X