Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running a little behind...

Hi!

I am so sorry! We've been running a *little* behind -- namely, MINE! -- pictures will be coming very soon and into the night. We'll start with some Mike Gallagher images from earlier this week, then get into the new pictures from the past few days, including the Hughes H-1!

Bye--eee!

P.S. Hi Wayne! Wherever you are!

This picture shows a Mike Gallagher photo of Gary Hubler flying Bill Reheinschild's "Bad Attitude." (How does he get such great pictures!?)
    Attached Files

We're underway again!

Pictures, pictures, pictures!

The Hawker Sea Fury owned by Mike Keenum and raced by Robert K. "Hoot" Gibson, as seen in the Pits earlier this week at the 2002 Reno National Championship Air Races:
    Attached Files

Comment

Cockpit shot

So this is what it looks like in the cockpit of Ron Buccarelli's *Precious Metal* -- hmmmm -- doesn't look like anything in my car:
      Attached Files

Comment

Inside Air Racing -- Precious Metal Crew At Work

Mike Gallagher is assigned as the Official Team Photograher for the Precious Metal Air Racing Team, and provides us with these *Inside Air Racing* views of the crew at work. Here are Pat Sturges (left) and Dave Berry (right) cleaning engine components to the Rolls Royce Griffon Mk.57 racing motor that powers *Precious Metal.* Did you know that *Precious Metal* has three motors? The racing motor that's installed, a back-up racing motor, and a ferry engine! That's like, I have two dogs...one is my primary dog, the other is his back-up -- especially when the first one has caught a skunk... Good thing for Ron that Pat and Dave don't chase skunks, huh!?
        Attached Files

Comment

Inside Air Racing -- Precious Metal

Pat Sturges and Dave Berry at work on the Rolls Royce Griffon (my favorite!) motor of Ron Buccarelli's Precious Metal. This was shot earlier in the week...more new images of Precious Metal coming tonight!
          Attached Files

Comment

Pat Sturges

Beyond his work on Precious Metal, Pat Sturges is restoring an old Pan Am Grumman Goose, which he will maintain in Pan Am colors, complete with Pan Am-marked ground support equipment. Pat will fly to different air shows in the Grumman and he will operate it as a true amphibian if there's a body of water around! (I want to go!

I'm going to make Wayne drag me along to Oshkosh next year...I saw Bear Bear's pictures of the Seaplane Base. I have got to see the Seaplane Base! I wonder -- do they have any Griffon powered Seaplanes?

(I am posting five images per thread, per Wayne's instructions. Look for more pictures in the next thread! )
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X