Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Predictions for this year, Race Records

Originally posted by race9
    BTW, are delta wings considered straight wing?
    only if you're skidding

Comment

Well, the Buckeye was passing the L-39s like they were standing still, and the T-33 was not... (though it sure was pretty without the tip tanks).

Comment

Neal, looks like the backseater int he T-33 was throwing those down on the pylons some love. Great Shots
        Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
        My Photos
        My Ride

Comment

Thanks, and I was wondering if anybody would catch that detail...

Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
            Neal, looks like the backseater int he T-33 was throwing those down on the pylons some love. Great Shots
            I'm not so sure if the backseater in the Buckeye quite felt the same, maybe a bit of fear? or just hanging on for the ride & the G's.

Comment

The late-model Buckeye's are actually quite powerful. The early models with the single engine are very underpowered...but when they added the second engine, it gave it a lot of giddyup in the hitch!

Fly Navy!

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                OH MAN I LOVE THAT SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never seen someone in a "pylon shot" actually acknowleding the photographer(s) before! That is AWESOME!!!!

MORE MORE MORE!!!
                _________
                -Matt
                Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

So Victor, I curious, how many did you shoot last year? How about everyone else?

Jarrod

Comment

That guy in the Buckeye is either trying not to blow beakfast...or he's watching Sponge Bob on the DVD...
                    No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
                    http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Jets -

Top Speed Per Spec's: L39, 470mph; T2, 521mph; T33, 600mph.

And the winnah is ... My money's on the T33 (they turn good too).

Comment

Originally posted by Skyracer
                        Jets -

I just hope a mustang will win this year in gold. And a thunder mustang will win sport.

Comment

Originally posted by MRussell
                          OH MAN I LOVE THAT SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never seen someone in a "pylon shot" actually acknowleding the photographer(s) before! That is AWESOME!!!!

MORE MORE MORE!!!
                          From 2005 - past the home pylon

Comment

Originally posted by Skyracer
                            Jets -

I agree on the T-33 for the win.

Interesting with the speeds, I imagine that they are all speed at Altitude.

According to the airrace.org database the highest speed for a L-39 on the course is 484mph (Pip Squeak) above it's offical max and at low level.

I know it has some Mods to it, sleeker airframe, but don't know if it has got any motor mods. Any body know it's modifications?

With the T-2's speed most likely achieved at altitude I think Pip Squeak could give a T-2 a good race around the course In it's races it has always had a clear lead and hasn't been pushed.

Interesting to note that is the fourth quickest aircraft to officially go around the track, the only quicker aircraft being Dago, Rare Bear & Strega

Somewhere on one of the posts there is a description of Dago Red's world record attempt at high altitude. When it started it's run it was said to outrun the T-33 chase. I will be interested to see just how quick the T-33 is on the course at Reno.

Here's the Post; http://www.aafo.com/hangartalk/showt...cord+dago+t-33

Comment

I think Pip Squeak has some motor mods. At least fueling mods anyway, it smokes way to much to be stock. Speaking of which, does the L-39 have cable or hydraulic controls? Would a deadstick landing be very possible at Reno?

Comment

Originally posted by fenceliner01
                                Oh wow, that is awesome. Thanks.
                                _________
                                -Matt
                                Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Working...
                                X