Cardboard Camera Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cardboard Camera Contest

Oh no, I don't get there till Thursday. Oh well.

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by ShermB
      OK, people.How does this sound?
      NAG will purchase a limited number of box cameras, to be distributed on Tuesday and Wednesday at the NAG Shack in the pits. Photos to be taken on Wednesday, box camera to be turned in by end of day Wednesday. I will have the pix developed Wed PM. Will post on NAG Shack bulletin board in the Pits Thursday for voting. Winner will be declared and posted Friday.You don't have to be a NAG member, but you must be an amateur photographer.

If this doesn't fly with this group,I will write it up for the NAG Rag and make it NAG members only.
      Betty
      Betty - It all sounds good to me. Only probelm I see is that some enthusiasts might not be there as early as Wednesday. However, logistically speaking, I can't think of doing it any later in the week.

Heres some ideas from me.

1. Number all cameras. Betty registers names to numbers. photos are posted on board by camera number and exposure number. Names will be added to board after judging is completed. This will remove any bias or favoritism from voting results.

2. Use 12 exposure (or less) disposable cameras. That's more than enough pictures for just one day, plus whoever is running the contest can just post all twelve on the NAG board without having to do any pre-judging. Contest entries and winning images can then be forwarded to AAFO or other and other designated websites for display and bragging rights.

3. Have two or more contest categories, and designate them with the cameras at checkout. Also furnish the categories on the voting forms.

4. This one is entirely optional, but may spur interest in the contest, and NAG membership. Voting forms should have a space for name and address. A random drawing will be held from all submitted votes. Winner will get an 11x14 matted and framed print of his choice from any of the winning (or submitted) entries. I'll volunteer to take care of having the print made, framing, and shipping to drawing winner. This will also give NAG a list of potential members, if they want to mail a membership form out after the races.

Since I'm local, and also have access to poster and signage materials, and can do basic sign printing, I'd be happy to work with Betty on the contest setup,camera purchases, and other details. This could be a fun event!

Comment

Originally posted by chixfly2
        I kinda like the idea, BUT, I will not use one out on the course, I would if it were PRS but not during race week.
        http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
        http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Dasher don't let those so called unprofessional cardboard camera people con you into anything. Just show up at the annual "Warlock" party and you'll be safe.
          Lockheed Bob

Comment

I vote for Thursday. Unless you wanna see twelve pictures of me drinking off an 11 hour drive?

Comment

I'm in
              Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
              My Photos
              My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Missileer
                Do I get bonus points if I get Dasher in a compromising position or is that too easy?
                Maybe "Dasher" should be a category?

Comment

Originally posted by fenceliner01
                  Heres some ideas from me.

1. Number all cameras. Betty registers names to numbers. photos are posted on board by camera number and exposure number. Names will be added to board after judging is completed. This will remove any bias or favoritism from voting results.
                  Absolutely (as explained above....)

Originally posted by fenceliner01
                  2. Use 12 exposure (or less) disposable cameras. That's more than enough pictures for just one day, plus whoever is running the contest can just post all twelve on the NAG board without having to do any pre-judging. Contest entries and winning images can then be forwarded to AAFO or other and other designated websites for display and bragging rights.
                  That's works, especially the 12 exposure cameras; 24 shots is too many.

Originally posted by fencliner01
                  3. Have two or more contest categories, and designate them with the cameras at checkout. Also furnish the categories on the voting forms.
                  Include a copy of the rules with each camera as well as the categories. Three or four categories should be about right, no more than six.

4. This one is entirely optional, but may spur interest in the contest, and NAG membership. Voting forms should have a space for name and address. A random drawing will be held from all submitted votes. Winner will get an 11x14 matted and framed print of his choice from any of the winning (or submitted) entries. I'll volunteer to take care of having the print made, framing, and shipping to drawing winner. This will also give NAG a list of potential members, if they want to mail a membership form out after the races.
                  I like it, generate a little enthusiasm among the voters.

Since I'm local, and also have access to poster and signage materials, and can do basic sign printing, I'd be happy to work with Betty on the contest setup,camera purchases, and other details. This could be a fun event!
                  Kewl...Help when you need it most.

Comment

So...you all had better go buy a bunch of disposeable cameras and start practicin'!

Gotta figure out what shutter speed they are, what the field of regard is, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by chixfly2
                      I can see it now...

A group of goofballs running around with cardboard cameras following me wherever I go.

Wait... that sounds like a typical day in Dasherville.

Except for the cameras.

All Hail Dasher...Queen of Tards!!!!

Comment

She looks like a Pro to me.
                        Betty

Comment

Working...
                        X