Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What other New Racers are hiding out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What other New Racers are hiding out there?

Jeez, he is bigger than you are now!

Comment

Originally posted by N1111L
      Jeez, he is bigger than you are now!
      You ain't kidding, Tom. He hardly fits in the damn boat anymore.

By Reno he WILL be taller than me.

Comment

Shows what happens when you feed and encourage these wild creatures ...

Comment

I don't know if anyone has noticed this yet...but in the middle picture with all the boats coming down for the start....all the other drivers in the photo are looking to the right, watching the clock. My son? He's balz-out straight ahead. He actually thought he had jumped the gun, but he said he knew it was gonna be close, so he didn't even 'try' to watch the clock. He was already aiming for the turn buoy.

Some days you eat the bear...other days, the bear eats you. Saturday, I guess, that bear tasted pretty good.

Comment

Uhhh gee...Looks like Silver Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyracer
              Uhhh gee...Looks like Silver Lake.

Yup.

Familiar with it, are you? We had some sort of impromptu 'fly by' from Paine Field on Saturday. I couldn't see them, but there were a lot of 'well, there's the Blues for you" comments. I think they were RV-4's.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                We had some sort of impromptu 'fly by' from Paine Field on Saturday. I couldn't see them, but there were a lot of 'well, there's the Blues for you" comments. I think they were RV-4's.
                There were "Blues" alright, like the Canadian Fraser Blues. The Cascade Warbirds were there for the open house festivities. Don't have the head count yet of who participated. The Fraser Blues fly Navions, led by a former Snow Bird, and do some pretty nice flying for civilians.
                Betty

Comment

May have been some of the Blackjack Squadron from Arlington, they fly RV's.

Yep, very familiar with Silver Lake, used to live on the north shore. Brother-inlaw organizes the race for SOA and I usually help out (missed it this year due to other commitments). So how did the J boat do?

Comment

Originally posted by autoracer51
                    I am very new to air racing, I am in the middle of getting my private certificate with dreams of becoming a corporate pilot one day. I race stock cars locally and am curious as to what it would take for me to enter into the world of air racing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Henry Miller
                    Coloma, MI
                    Henry; I am on the East side of MI. Give me a call @ (248) 672-4484 and I'll talk you thru my steps and mis-steps into air racing.
                    Tom Campau
                    Mystical Power

Comment

Originally posted by Skyracer
                      May have been some of the Blackjack Squadron from Arlington, they fly RV's.

Yep, very familiar with Silver Lake, used to live on the north shore. Brother-inlaw organizes the race for SOA and I usually help out (missed it this year due to other commitments). So how did the J boat do?
                      He actually bumped up from J to AXSH (larger restrictor plate) this year. Boat's plenty fast. Probably faster than he was ready for. Got out of shape a couple of times and (by his own admission) scared himself. Now he just needs more seat time. Sure was fun watching him stick his nose into the first turn with everyone else and not flinch!

Comment

Jeez those look familiar. My dad and I built an 8' hydro for me from GlenL plans when I was a kid. Practice for the 16' drag boat we built next.
                        Tho I never raced (except with others that had built similiar boats and used the same river) we once clocked it at 35 with only 7 1/2 HP. It was a blast, and tho I flipped it more than once I never hurt it or me.
                        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                          Hey, here's another 'new' racer for this year.

Unveiling of the 51-R, "El Diablo" (its French for 'crazy fighting chicken'). While its not exactly brand new, we did do a lot of surgery on it over the winter, gave her a new coat of paint, and made her a whole lot faster....so fast it scared the pants off the driver (my son). But he was right in there, diggin' it out.
                          Mmmm, Mercury power! I wonder why they didn't call it Kiekhaefer!?!

Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                          World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Working...
                          X