Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What other New Racers are hiding out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What other New Racers are hiding out there?

With all the discussions about the "baloney slicer"/Rose special & Shockwave, what other new racing aircraft are out there waiting for their chance to get into the air?

I'm sure there must be a few "Black" aircraft hiding out in the top secret hangers & drawing boards just waiting to come out into the light.

So what could be racing in the future years at Reno?

Wildfire?
    Shockwave?
    the re engined NXT?
    the twin V-8 counter rotating Rose design (rules permitting)

Anything else anybody knows about/is allowed to talk about?

Re: What other New Racers are hiding out there?

I don't know of any unlimiteds, but I am sure there must be some Sport class projects out there judging by the number of PRS entries. There is some Bipe and F1 stuff rumored as well.

Comment

Murdo Cameron's Team-51, with a full scale carbon fiber Mustang, still looks promising. They've come up with five Allison's, and seem to be making reasonable progress.

Comment

Don't forget Matt Jackson's American Spirit. Isn't it up in Ione?

Comment

Originally posted by FuryFan
          Don't forget Matt Jackson's American Spirit. Isn't it up in Ione?
          Saw it in Sanders hanger a few weeks ago. Impressive looking machine. Took pix of everything else and forgot about Matts machine.

Comment

There's still some engineering to do on Matts airplane, and the Sanders are keeping pretty busy, so I wouldn't expect to see it real soon.

Comment

I heard they were gonna mate Relentless and Nemesis into a twin NXT design. It's gonna be called Renemesis. It will be flown by a high time, highly skilled monkey, or Hacker, which ever is cheaper! They also want an alien designed paint scheme to make it even faster. The problem as always is money! They can't get the project rolling without Sani Hut as a sponsor, and so far they have only given them a dozen rolls of semi used one ply TP.

Oh well, maybe 08.
              Tony

Comment

Are you serious on the twin NXT, you mean like a twin Mustang (2 fuselages & Motors) ? That would be one interesting machine and a concept that not many planes have used. Wouldn't have thought that would be on the cards , or maybe i'm getting the wrong picture. Hope it goes well, sure should sound nice.

Re: the American spirit, what the general configuration/idea on that one. I think I remember seeing some photo of a semi complete fuselage for a radial engined racer, might have been a tricycle geared aircraft. Is it the same aircraft or is that something else?

Comment

I heard Sani-Hut was tied up with trying to get the "Double Threat" project going again....
                  Rob
                  Merlins are cool
                  But Radials rule!
                  And jets just make noise

Comment

Mr. Awesome/Red Heat/Frostbite is still MIA.

The unlimited that I miss is Furias; Bill Rogers had her performing well in her last appearances.

Comment

My first year at Reno (2000) the three planes that just screamed "air racer" to me were Critical Mass, Furias, and Czech Mate.

Kevin

Comment

I am very new to air racing, I am in the middle of getting my private certificate with dreams of becoming a corporate pilot one day. I race stock cars locally and am curious as to what it would take for me to enter into the world of air racing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Henry Miller
                        Coloma, MI

Comment

I race stock cars locally and am curious as to what it would take for me to enter into the world of air racing?
                          Offhand, I can think of three important things: 1) A completely and totally masochistic nature, 2) A great, big pile of disposable money (emphasis on "disposable"), and 3) Relatively little grey matter between the ears.

Sorry, couldn't resist. But in all seriousness, the desire to do something unique, exciting, exhausting and exhilarating all at the same time would be a good start.

Hope that helps.

SA

Comment

Originally posted by autoracer51
                            I am very new to air racing, I am in the middle of getting my private certificate with dreams of becoming a corporate pilot one day. I race stock cars locally and am curious as to what it would take for me to enter into the world of air racing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Henry Miller
                            Coloma, MI
                            Henry (my Dad's name BTW)

Welcome to the board and the sport!

Obviously, with the rules in place, you're a way's off to be able to qualify as a race pilot (lots of hours and experience necessary) but.. if you're into wrenching, good at it and know how to listen before you speak.. (something I've seen other wrenches have a hard time doing) and you go WAY out of your way, at your own expense, to make yourself and your skills available to work long hours, where you buy your own meals, (and the meals of others) for no money and.. did I mention, long hours at your own expense???

You *MIGHT* find a team who would give you a try as a low man on the totem pole wrench.

Or, more likely, a wiper for a year or two..

You got REALLY good goals! Study hard, work harder.. stick to the goals! I'm assuming you're young enough to achieve much if you work hard and really want it.

Love to see you guys coming into this world! Damn I wish I'd have wanted it more when I was your age!!!!!!!

Welcome!

Wayne
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hey, here's another 'new' racer for this year.

Unveiling of the 51-R, "El Diablo" (its French for 'crazy fighting chicken'). While its not exactly brand new, we did do a lot of surgery on it over the winter, gave her a new coat of paint, and made her a whole lot faster....so fast it scared the pants off the driver (my son). But he was right in there, diggin' it out.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X