• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chino Pre-Show report by Victor Archer

Enjoy!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Chino Pre-Show report by Victor Archer

Wonderful shots as always. Could'nt Victor use some of that alien technology to clear the air for a day or two so it's not so hazy?
    I lived in Ontario till the 4th grade and the running joke whenever we could see the San Bernardino mountains (just a few miles away) was that they rolled them in for the day. My wife and I visited relatives there in the 80's and it was several visits before she saw them.
    Used to love Chino airport. Had a weird and neat feel of heat, airplane noise and smell and the sun shining thru that haze.
    Thanks Victor!
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Here's a few items of air racing interest I found while wondering through one of the new hangers.
      Attached Files
      http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
      http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Victor - Thanks for posting the pics. Glad to see they still have the old Red Baron pieces at the museum. Last time I saw those, they were in the old jet hangar...
        Mark Johnson
        Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

Oh yeah, "Miss Ashley III" is still in the model case! (Yes, III)
          Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
          World Speed Record Holder

Comment

you didn't get a shot of the newly restored Shoestring? I'm disappointed If you're out tomorrow, keep an eye out around noon for the SNJ-5 Wardog doing an overhead break. I'll be flying her from the back (insurance rules SUCK)! and if you get any good picts, let me know!!!!

Comment

I wonder if that Red Baron tail is for sale? lol

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodeu
                I wonder if that Red Baron tail is for sale? lol
                Jarrod
                Hmmmm... Someone on this board has another big piece of the Red Baron...
                http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

I've got glue...
                  Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                  thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer
                    Here's a few items of air racing interest I found while wondering through one of the new hangers.
                    Hey! Cool stuff! Some of those are MY models!

In the first model pic, the Vendetta, Tipsy Miss, Blue Max, Mr. Mennen, and Miss Merced are mine. In the second model photo, the American Jet/Conquest 1 (you can just see the gear leg on top), Tsunami, and Gotcha!! are mine.

Note...ALL of these were made long before the current crop of 'conversion kits' were out. All of mine were converted by scratch, or scratch-built in the case of Tsunami.

Hey Vic...I have donated probably 50+ models to Ed over the years...1/32 scale black Foxy Lady and Miss Suzy Q combo...1/32 scale Miss Candace....a bunch of Thompson era racers (Cleland #94, Beguine, Cobra II in the KF-1 version, Tony LeVier's P-38), a 1/48 Dreadnought, a 3-blade Rare Bear in the Wicheta Air Service markings, a big model of Greenamyer's RB-104 Red Baron, a 1/72 scale RB-51 in the 'all red' scheme, a Precious Metal, and even a Super Snoopy.

If you have the time, and if they're on display, think you could take and post a few shots for me? I haven't seen any of the models since they were brought back from the aborted 'air race museum' in Sparks about 15 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer
                      Hmmmm... Someone on this board has another big piece of the Red Baron...
                      like engine mounts.

Jarrod

Comment

hmmmmmmm......

All Air Racing All the time! Unregistered visitors: this forum is open for your reading enjoyment. We invite you to join so you can enjoy the full features of this system. Including file uploads, event calender, private messages and more. Due to an unmanageable amount of SPAM membership applications, the join process is a few step process. It all makes it secure!

Comment

Working...
                        X