• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more acrhives

Enjoy Shawn
    Attached Files

Re: more acrhives

Shawn you've made my day! I love to see formation flights from the "old'' days and remeber what it was like. Am I correct in guessing that these were taken at Mojave in 1976? If so, the pictures have captured one of the last flights of P-51D #33 Miss Suzy Q flown by Ken Burnstine which crashed fatally on June 6, 1976 at Mojave.

Comment

Originally posted by Reno64
      Shawn you've made my day! I love to see formation flights from the "old'' days and remeber what it was like. Am I correct in guessing that these were taken at Mojave in 1976? If so, the pictures have captured one of the last flights of P-51D #33 Miss Suzy Q flown by Ken Burnstine which crashed fatally on June 6, 1976 at Mojave.

Nope....my guess is that was taken at the PRPA pylon-racing seminar held at Mojave in 1973.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
        Nope....my guess is that was taken at the PRPA pylon-racing seminar held at Mojave in 1973.
        You at work Brad?
        Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by Air Race Addict
          You at work Brad?
          Uh....why... um.....no? I'd NEVER surf the internet while working! :-)

Comment

Brad a it was California City 1974 it the PRPA seminar photo's by my dad Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Aro
              Brad a it was California City 1974 it the PRPA seminar photo's by my dad Shawn
              Didn't your dad get to go up for a ride, too?

Comment

what you mean ?

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Aro
                  what you mean ?
                  I thought I had seen some photos of his taken from the back seat of Bob Love's Mustang....shots of Frank Sanders in 232, Burnstine in Suzy Q, and Hamilton in Baby Gorilla in formation.

Comment

that is Ron Buda he used to fly with Bob a lot Shawn

Comment

It may not be as fast, but *MAN* don't Sea Furies just look "right" with 5 blades in the fan! That's not a question.

Comment

Originally posted by 440_Magnum
                        It may not be as fast, but *MAN* don't Sea Furies just look "right" with 5 blades in the fan! That's not a question.
                        Yeah, I agree. Someone needs to go to Nelson Ezell and have him utilize a Centaurus 5-blade hub, fitted with Skyraider blades...so it'll look right, AND turn the right way. :-)

If anyone could do it, Nelson would be the guy.

Comment

Working...
                        X