• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Way Late

Originally posted by Leo
    I'm not sure they can be at this point.
    Anyone know?
    And unfortunately one thing I don't have is the capability to scan slides.
    Leo - I'm you're man. What type of film did you shoot in the 80's?

I've got a really nice slide scanner, and we live fairly close to each other - maybe we can work together on this..

Comment

Some Kodachrome, mostly 200 asa Ektachrome.
      I liked slides, after a couple of years it got too expensive to process and harder to find someone who would. Plus I was simply plain broke after going to Reno. I've got probably 20 rolls undeveloped, I figured they were ruined by age years ago. I've just never been able to bring myself to throw them away...
      I have a couple of hundred slides of 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 and 84, that WERE developed, along with pictures from 1974 Chino, and assorted airshows from 74 on.
      I hav'nt even been in the box in about 4 years.
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
        I liked slides, after a couple of years it got too expensive to process and harder to find someone who would. Plus I was simply plain broke after going to Reno. I've got probably 20 rolls undeveloped, I figured they were ruined by age years ago. I've just never been able to bring myself to throw them away...
        I have a couple of hundred slides of 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 and 84, that WERE developed, along with pictures from 1974 Chino, and assorted airshows from 74 on.
        Leo.... you might want to try to get one roll developed, see if they are damaged or not. HOPEFULLY, you'll be pleasantly surprised! I've done some pretty old rolls in the past and they did fine. As long as they were not stored in a really hot envrionment, you should be OK..

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Way Way Late

Wow, Leo!

I thought I was the only one so have always been too embarrassed to ask here or elsewhere. I know I have slides and prints and maybe some oddball 5247 film (can be developed for both) that possibly goes back to the mid-eighties from Reno.

I got a decent tax return a week ago so some test roll s are definately going in for develop now.

Does anyone know where I could send the 5247 nowadays?

Lowell
          Kellogg, Idaho

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
            Leo -

Kodachrome and Ektachrome - A good independent lab hould be able to handle both types - I wouldn't use Kodak, or any of the 1 hours or dropoff in town. Check With Gordons and see who they recommend. There are a couple of local labs that do good work with Ektachrome.. the big killer for labs processing to me is dirt and other crap on the film from processing.

If you're interested, pick out about a dozen of your good slides, and them PM me - I'd be happy to scan them so we could see how they come out. Photoshop will do a goo job of removing dust, and color casts.

Comment

Originally posted by zaqwrx
              This is way way too late but ... I finally got all my stuff up.
              It's never too late. Fantastic stuff. I tried to get a shot of Mike Brown and Kerch together, but never came close.
              No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
              http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
                The problem that you have, is that processing for Ektachrome changed from E4 to E6 a number of years ago. Some time in the late 80's or early 90's. It will say right on the film container what processing is required. If its E6, then Bob's your uncle. If its E4, there are labs that can do it. I know of one that does, I believe its about $25 a roll. If you are interested I can dig out the name. I have a number of my own old rolls, and haven't done it. I also had some old E6 rolls, which I did try to get processed. Those had completely faded away. Kind of cooled down my desire to get even older film developed.

I have also processed some old TriX and PlusX. They came out pretty good.

Dan Plunkett

Comment

Great shots!! Late? I'm back to Oshkosh files.

Comment

Working...
                  X