Xtreme Air and "THE PC"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xtreme Air and "THE PC"

Ok Guys, you have been playing with this software for awhile and I have been all primed up to finally get a PC for home just so I can fly again.
    Question is??? What would you buy if you could buy the PC for the Sim. and include joystick and other goodies, I want this list complete, you know, hand it to the wife and beg,plead and bribe the soon to be PC widow all this for my birthday. Its in July but I figured I better get working on her.

OOHHH, Hi, I am Steve a lurker no longer lurking I guess. and I have to say that this place is just a hare better than a Clamper page I visit. Only the Nevada boys will probably know about them Clampers.

Another OOOHHH. Wayne why not start a Sim board just for Xtreme Air?

Until our paths cross again.
    ECVSteve
    ECVSteve
    E Clampus Vitus SST #1827, #1850
    Reno Fan since around "82"

ECV Red

Steve,

I think only the Northern Nevada guys would know about it. With the few exceptions of out of statesers the join by way of a resident. hehe

I think every one should know about the Clampers, for all the good they do for the Nevada hyways and historical markers, and historic sights in Nrvada.

there was a web page set up for XAR online racing,. They had a race or two then some things happend and it has been places on hold for the time being. try this web sight and it will tell when the expected restart date for the online racing to start back up. http://xarol.homestead.com/Home.html

Comment

Re: Xtreme Air and "THE PC"

Originally posted by ecvsteve
      Another OOOHHH. Wayne why not start a Sim board just for Xtreme Air?
      If you guys want one, I'll start another section for Xtreme Air Racing, it's only a few clicks away with this board system.. and feel free to use the calendar feature for setting up flying meets as well.

There's some really good news coming from the XAR camp and I'll let you guys know exactly what it is when I'm told that I'll not be ]skinned for releasing stuff I've been sworn not to release.. but there is a clue in this paragraph as to what it is.. lessee... can I give up any more without bein kilt.. and have to be sent back for remedial trainingerr.. or something...

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

thanks Wayne.

Wayne,

Thanks for the heads up and the clues.
        Will this be a upgrade that we will need to pay for? or will this be a down loadable patch?

I hope you don't get skinned alive for giving up too much Info.
        By the way is there a trainer program for this new soft weare you bought?

Comment

but but but...

Ok Guy's,
          I'll watch for a XAR forum in the future or here... But, but which combination of display and processer is working out best for you guy's or whos having the least trouble with XAR?
          and I want all the goodies joy stick, throtle,rudder pedals do they make any that are somewhat mountable, I don't want to be pushing anything other than my mouse across the table.

ECVSteve
          Snowshoe Thomson Chapter #1827
          Mountain Charlie Chapter #1850
          Got both sides of the hill covered don't want to miss out on anything.
          ECVSteve

Comment

The XAR league is on hold because XAR has been full of bugs on the multiplayer setup. One can't race more than two others at a time for a total of three people through the internet. They fixed some bugs in the latest patch, but I don't think any were related to multiplayer. The sim is improving, but needs work in the multiplayer area before a league gets started.

As for the best setup, go to www.xtremeairracing.com and in their message board, I believe there is an area where arecommended setup and some user experiences are documented. I'm using a PIII 500 with a mediocre setup. Works ok, but some of the graphics have to be turned down.

I have a Saitek joystick and it works well for me. ~$40 and is really nice.

Michael

Comment

Thanks

They have added a few things over there.
              I'll let ya all know what I buy and how it turns out.

See ya online sometime around July.
              ECVSteve

Comment

Originally posted by Mluvara
                The XAR league is on hold because XAR has been full of bugs on the multiplayer setup. One can't race more than two others at a time for a total of three people through the internet.
                From what I gather, Jason has not been able to reproduce the multiplayer limit. I remember seeing him address something about why it did it and a work around.

<snif> I've yet to even be able to try one player on line.. no time.. </snif>

Wayne
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I fly XAR on a Gateway Laptop. 1.16gig CPU/382meg RAM/NVIDIA GeForce 2 Go with 32meg/Logitech Wingman 3D Joystick

Works great!

I have the v1.03 and need to download the newest patch but at 30 meg I am delaying as long as possible.(I use a crappy dialup)

Don

Comment

Working...
                  X