Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reno - Day Six

Default Reno - Day Six

Almost done, yipee!!

Default Re: Reno - Day Six

Tim, nice stuff. I always love the colors and depth of field on your shots.

Just think, if Reno was several weeks, it would be a year round job of photo processing!

Michael

Strega is freakin' gorgeous! (Nice shot, too!) Can't wait to see a "bullet-proof" engine in her.
    Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
    World Speed Record Holder

What is that F1 ?

Juke, that would be race 13 N-A-Rush , a cassutt IIIM.

Tim, great photo's Hope to see more when time permits.

Out-bloody-standing work, Tim!!
    Tiger dressed for battle is an awsome shot! (All he needs is a lance...)Race 86 is my favorite!

Great stuff Tim. Are you increasing saturation in post processing, or is that out of the camera? I can't seem to get to grips with Picture Styles. The default color out of my old 10D was much more vibrant than I have been able to achieve with a 30D.

Quote Originally Posted by ignomini
    Great stuff Tim. Are you increasing saturation in post processing, or is that out of the camera? I can't seem to get to grips with Picture Styles. The default color out of my old 10D was much more vibrant than I have been able to achieve with a 30D.
    I boost it in processing. Straight out of the camera RAW files are very, very dull.

So, the next question is which RAW converter are you using?

I love how you held the highlight detail in the shot of Tiger. One big drawback of shooting jpeg is the slightest over exposure and the highlights are gone. Your post processing work is making me want to try shooting some RAWs. No doubt time wise I'll regret that.

I'm using ACR (Adobe Camera RAW) in PSCS2. The highlights in Tigers uniform started to blow out, but I pulled it back a little before I converted it. I also convert the Tiff to ProphotoRGB, it has more room on each end before you blow out highlights or lose shadows.

I really have not read any books on ACR. I learned 99% of what I'm doing from the famous bird photographer Aurther Morris. I bought his Digital Basics pdf file. It boils it down to simple stuff. He uses ACR and BreezeBrowser for conversions. www.birdsasart.com And not I'm not getting paid by him for this.