Proposed air race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed air race

A while back I read an article about an air race which sounded similar to the format chosen for the Red Bull Air Race except that it was to have several aircraft on the course at once.
    The aircraft were aerobatic aircraft similar to those used for the Red Bull event, and it was proposed to hold it in Europe (Eastern Europe I think).

Can anyone tell me more about this series and whether any races did actually take place ?

It may have been this series Aero-GP which has raced in Slovenia and Malta but this is not quite as I had expected the series to be as it includes air combat as well.

Re: Proposed air race

Here's the problem with that format:

Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
    World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Has the problem ever occured in Reno races ?
      http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Sorry I am not allowed to download video whilst at work (even lunch time).
        Can you explain what happened.

Comment

Airplane 1 + Airplane 2 = no Airplanes (midair)

Comment

Originally posted by Juke
            Mid Air. Yes it has. That came very close to ending my interest in Air Racing.

Comment

Originally posted by Juke
              It has happened. Most of the mid airs have been in the T-6 class. One such accident at a non Reno venu that I can't remember the name of off hand took down multiple aircraft

Comment

Hey I can still recall a silver race when a red plane ate the tail of a yellow plane both landed ok with real damage though, had to barrow a rudder from one plane and a prop from a nother and a couple changes of underwear and both pilots were back in the hunt,how thay got there balls in the cock pit after that must have been a real big shoehorn??it was at reno 90's ???

Comment

Working...
                X