Mark Hannah in the movies !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Hannah in the movies !

Late Mark Hannah did some amazing work in the movies.

I recently got a copy of AIR AMERICA made in 1990.

He flies in that.

Which other movies did he fly ?
    http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Re: Mark Hannah in the movies !

Juke,

It's Hanna, not Hannah.

Not really an air racing topic, but Mark flew in, amongst others, the opening sequence for James Bond movie Tomorrow Never Dies, Memphis Belle, Empire of the Sun, Air America, the TV series Piece of Cake, A Perfect Hero, Poirot's Casebook, and several others.

A full list of Old Flying Machine Company film and TV credits can be found on their website.

Hope this helps

Comment

Hi All, I will first off say that i had the pleasure of meeting Mark on several occasions at the Warbirds Over Wanaka Airshows in NZ. He was a real nice person, he would always take the time to stop and talk. Some of the movies listed in the OFMC credits, like Empire of the Sun, Mark actually didnt do any of the flying, Mark was origianlly meant to, but when speaking with him and his father the late Ray Hanna and the producers actually ended up using Ray as the pilot waving to the young boy on top of the camp.
      I remember Mark recalling that they had to truck the L39 into the airfield for Tommorrow Never Dies. It was at about 9500 ft above sea level and the airfield was only about 4500 ft long, so the L39 at that altitude was right on the limit of minimum runway needed. He said that it was one of the most amazing things he had done.
      Also, Mark was the Pilot of the Hawker Hunter Pilot in the Fatboy Slim music video Bird of Prey.
      Another small fact, Mark served in the RAF flying F4 phantoms, part of his tour was in the Falkland Islands in 1982/82 after the conflict there. He was also immensly proud to have been a recipient of the 1000hr spook patch for 1000hr on the phantom.
      Just thought id share some of what i learned when talking to a wonderful pilot.
      race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Originally posted by Mike51
        It's Hanna, not Hannah.
        That is how I remembered it too, but in the credits of the AIR AMERICA it was written Hannah. I got confused..thanks for clearing this out.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwiracefan
          Some of the movies listed in the OFMC credits, like Empire of the Sun, Mark actually didnt do any of the flying, Mark was origianlly meant to, but when speaking with him and his father the late Ray Hanna and the producers actually ended up using Ray as the pilot waving to the young boy on top of the camp.
          Not strictly correct, Kiwiracefan. Mark did fly during 'Empire of the Sun', although it is true that the close-up waving shot was of Ray. The three pilots involved were Ray, Mark, and 'Hoof' Proudfoot, all sadly no longer with us. The skip-bombing sequence, for example, featured Mark's flying.

As you say, Mark was a really nice guy, with a wicked sense of humour, a genuine enthusiasm and a rare piloting ability. He is very much missed.

Comment

Who flies in the Iron Eagle III it is on sale here too ?

Comment

Working...
            X