Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some Intriguing What Ifs? 1968-1988

Originally posted by EastCoastFan
    Good stuff folks. But what if the All-Coast Super Corsair was still around.....there's just something about that bent winged bird that was cool!! Let's not forget about Tsunami & what could have been given time & patience while we're at it.
    Truth be told, the Air Museum folks had kind of lost interest in the Super Corsair by the time it went down in '94. That's not to say that they didn't enjoy running it...but they didn't have the time or money to invest in it to KEEP it a contender. Pretty much after they won with it in '85, they just played "Dreadnought" with it...and just showed up and ran what they had.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
      Truth be told, the Air Museum folks had kind of lost interest in the Super Corsair by the time it went down in '94. That's not to say that they didn't enjoy running it...but they didn't have the time or money to invest in it to KEEP it a contender. Pretty much after they won with it in '85, they just played "Dreadnought" with it...and just showed up and ran what they had.
      If it were still running it would have to be equipped with a drop tank filled with additional engine oil!

The All Coast Super Corsair was the aviation equivalent of having to drive around with a case of oil in the trunk. SMOKEY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Propellerhead
        If it were still running it would have to be equipped with a drop tank filled with additional engine oil!

The All Coast Super Corsair was the aviation equivalent of having to drive around with a case of oil in the trunk. SMOKEY!!!
        Yes, but it was NEVER as bad as Furias. I don't think I EVER saw Lloyd start up Furias--or even FLY her for that matter--when she didn't lay down a blue smoke screen that hung over the airport for about 10 minutes.

Comment

I think Tsunami would be my most lamented "what if". It sure seemed to have plenty of potential and was a beautiful airplane with good people behind it.

Comment

Working...
          X