Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merlins Magic web page

Originally posted by speeddemon
    What's the story with the Commie Mustang in the background? 251BP...isn't that one of Bob Pond's planes?
    Robert L. Rodman, Fullerton, CA, 1963-1964. N5436V.
    Les Grant, Santa Barbara, CA, 1966-1973.
    Ted E. Contri/Contri Construction, Reno, NV, June 24, 1978-1986. Registered as N51TC.
    Registration N51BE reserved but not used, Nov. 1986.
    Robert J. Pond/Planes of Fame East, Plymouth, MN, Feb.1987-1992. Registered as N251BP.
    Flew as 484753/RJ-P/"Mighty Moose".
    1998: Bernie Jackson
    Flown as "The Vorpel Sword", 2001.
    2004: restoration
    2005: July - first flight by John Muszala

NTSB Identification: LAX06CA047
    Accident occurred Wednesday, December 07, 2005 in Minden, NV.
    The airplane bent a wing after veering off the runway during landing. The pilot reported that after touchdown he lowered the tail to the runway and the airplane swerved. The pilot said he overcorrected and the airplane veered off the runway. The airplane bounced over the dirt next to the runway and came to rest on the taxiway.

Current FAA: This aircraft's registration status may not be suitable for operation.
    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Here's more...

P-51 Mustang Survivors: Survivor Home. World War II, North American P-51A, P-51B, P-51C, P-51D, P-51H, F-51D, F-51H Mustang survivor in civilian ownership

Comment

I'm new at this stuff.

It's amazing to me how quickly all of you jump on something like this with so much knowledge and information. I guess my work on the 'Commie Mustang' is done!

Maybe not, perhaps Jim can tell me of future plans for it. That is unless someone out there already knows that too! Wouldn't suprise me.

But, I still have my camera and will keep up with Merlin as best I can!
        Scott Adie
        www.osgfx.com

Comment

allready have it on mine
          www.renosection3.com

Comment

New pics & news.

Saturday I went to Minden and took some more pics of Merlin. The prop should come in this week to finish up. The hangar was open and since most of the work is now complete, the tools and hardware put away. You can see them on the site Jim E set up.

Jim Martinelli took Grim Reaper out to keep her loosend up. What a beauty! What a sound.

The wingless warrior will get a new wing and gear probably this week too and may be flyable before Christmas also. Jim's hangar is a busy place.

Don't forget to visit www.merlinsmagicrace22.com for updates.
            Attached Files
            Scott Adie
            www.osgfx.com

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer
              Robert L. Rodman, Fullerton, CA, 1963-1964. N5436V.
              Les Grant, Santa Barbara, CA, 1966-1973.
              Ted E. Contri/Contri Construction, Reno, NV, June 24, 1978-1986. Registered as N51TC.
              Registration N51BE reserved but not used, Nov. 1986.
              Robert J. Pond/Planes of Fame East, Plymouth, MN, Feb.1987-1992. Registered as N251BP.
              Flew as 484753/RJ-P/"Mighty Moose".
              1998: Bernie Jackson
              Flown as "The Vorpel Sword", 2001.
              2004: restoration
              2005: July - first flight by John Muszala

NTSB Identification: LAX06CA047
              Accident occurred Wednesday, December 07, 2005 in Minden, NV.
              The airplane bent a wing after veering off the runway during landing. The pilot reported that after touchdown he lowered the tail to the runway and the airplane swerved. The pilot said he overcorrected and the airplane veered off the runway. The airplane bounced over the dirt next to the runway and came to rest on the taxiway.

Current FAA: This aircraft's registration status may not be suitable for operation.
              Time Warp...

http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
              http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Working...
              X