• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post reno message from Bob Button

read it here.....http://www.voodooairracing.com/

so now what?

Re: post reno message from Bob Button

so now what?
    Put the dang turtle back canopy back on that baby, hope and pray that she stays together in 07 and walk home with the gold

The message from Bob Button makes it perfectly clear they are commited to the sport, to them selves, and to winning.

There are alot of fans commited to that team, that would love to see them acomplish thier goals! My self included.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfee
      Put the dang turtle back canopy back on that baby, hope and pray that she stays together in 07 and walk home with the gold

The message from Bob Button makes it perfectly clear they are commited to the sport, to them selves, and to winning.

There are alot of fans commited to that team, that would love to see them acomplish thier goals! My self included.

When Bob Button first purchased the assets from the Speer estate, he set out with a five year plan and a ten year plan to win at Reno....and if he didn't do it, he'd walk away and restore it back to stock. The five year plan was what brought him to modify the plane at Tiger's shop in '97....but that passed in '99. So now the ten year plan has come and gone as well with very little success to show for it.

To hear Bob say that they are still committed to winning is OUTSTANDING news!

Comment

GO BOB, GO! And if all else fails, race the frickin' bus against the tugs -- the ultimate smack-down!

PS Yeah, put the race canopy back on and crank up some Hendrix "Voodoo Chile" (live, preferred) with each trip in & out of the pits!
        Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
        World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Bob---

When you take out the bubble, play(with slight return):

"I stand up next to the bubble....I chop it down with the edge of my hand"

Will we see a return of "The Hurricane"?????? Will Skip become the "Grape Ace"??? Will Darryl come back to the ranks of the Unlimiteds? Oh the speculation....Oh the Humanity.....OH Nellie!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastFan
            Bob---

When you take out the bubble, play(with slight return):

"I stand up next to the bubble....I chop it down with the edge of my hand"

Will we see a return of "The Hurricane"?????? Will Skip become the "Grape Ace"??? Will Darryl come back to the ranks of the Unlimiteds? Oh the speculation....Oh the Humanity.....OH Nellie!!!
            Unfortunately, the answer will most likely be no to all of your questions. Trievermom might be able to shed more light on it, but Button has asked Buckwheat to come back pretty much every year. He just doesn't want to race anymore. Skip will most likely never sit in the cockpit of Voodoo again because of some things he said about the airplane in Air Comix many years ago. And even though Greenamyer is admitedly Buttons hero, I think that bridge was burned during a test flight in '99 over a bumpy landing. :-(

Comment

We added a video to the web site.

Also, the good news is the engine damage is all repairable so Sparrow will have it back together in December. Bob hopes to test fly Voodoo in January.

We will keep you posted.

Dan and Darren

Comment

I didn't know Bob was looking for a race pilot, but if he is, how about Matt Jackson? I like his line on the corse.
                Bill Garnett
                InterstellarDust
                Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Working...
                X