Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: After burner exhibition race????

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
    Me flying out on the course with Skip, Steve, and JC Penney?

Two words: HEEEEEEEELLLLLLL YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAH!

Count me in.

Hey Randy,Is it possible to go supersonic and stay on the course?

Comment

I found it, Skip did the SAAB demo in 2003,, I wonder if the owner will be up for loaning it to him for this demo race? Call SAAB maybe they would buy the fuel for the advertisement value.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man
        According to the wings history channel the F104 can turn and burn with the best of them, just has no payload or fuel capabilities.
        Tom
        I met a guy who flew 104s. He told me a story about taking the plane up to Mach 2 as part of his qualification (don't remember if it was test pilot school or something everybody had to do). He said going that fast was no big deal. The problem was, by the time you took off, got to altitude and poured on the coal, you barely had enough fuel left to get back to the runway.
        No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
        http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Ya know, I've never seen one picture of that the first unofficial jet race. I have the images burned into my head as I was lucky enough to be there, I'm just surprised with, as often as that little race popps up in these threads, that nobody has posted any shots of it. Anybody, anybody, Buehler.........., Buehler.............
          You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

I (like a few of us here I think) have it on video. It's hilarious to watch with the combination of announcer and radio chatter.
            It was definately NOT a race but sure a great way to see the classic jets down low.
            I'll have to look at it again, but was'nt it the T-33, Stoli Mig 17's, Leeward's Mig 15 and a Fouga jet?
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
            X