Sad day in Prescott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad day in Prescott

Today is a very sad day in Prescott, as yesterday five great and talented peple lost their lives in an air accident just north of town.
    Please say a prayer for all of those they left behind.
    Info can be found at azcentral.com-heads up on the video and pictures.

JMurphy

Re: Sad day in Prescott

Rumor mill says the Piper pilot was an experienced and qualified warbird and formation pilot.

Gotta love the TV reporter who says that the airplanes were "flying dangerously close".

In the video of the Piper's wreckage, I don't see a horizontal stab. If he flew too high during the battle damage check, he might have put the t-tail into the MiG's slipstream...

Comment

I heard this on CNN while I was sleeping earlier (or trying to)... Had hoped it was just a bad dream.

Sad day...

Please PM me if you know who the pilot/photogs were, but don't the info up here, yet, OK?...

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
        Rumor mill says the Piper pilot was an experienced and qualified warbird and formation pilot.

Gotta love the TV reporter who says that the airplanes were "flying dangerously close".

In the video of the Piper's wreckage, I don't see a horizontal stab. If he flew too high during the battle damage check, he might have put the t-tail into the MiG's slipstream...
        But it looks relatively intact and in one VERY small area.

Comment

Mig 21 is a pretty hot airplane, not so sure the pipers speed is compatable enough to do a battle check. what do you think Randy?
          Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man
            Mig 21 is a pretty hot airplane, not so sure the pipers speed is compatable enough to do a battle check. what do you think Randy?
            Tom
            No problem IMHO. The Cheyenne can do 200-300 knots...that's a happy place for the MiG to be, too. We do BD checks in the T-38 and F-15 at 250-300.

Looks like the name of one of the pax is out: Don Morris

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
              No problem IMHO. The Cheyenne can do 200-300 knots...that's a happy place for the MiG to be, too. We do BD checks in the T-38 and F-15 at 250-300.

Looks like the name of one of the pax is out: Don Morris

http://www.courier-gazette.com/artic...news/00001.txt
              My bad, one of the reports I read said it was a Piper Archer.
              Tom

Comment

Working...
              X