Red Bulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Bulls

Watched a pretty good show on the Red Bull Pylon races in SF last night, of course it was edited but they had some good in cockpit footage and highlighted a couple of pylon hits with no apparent damage to the a/c. Estimated the crowd at 500,000, neglected to mention that it was fleet week and the Blue Angels were the main attraction.
    Tom

Re: Red Bulls

Dave Morss uses a self contained digital recorder, (about the size of a cigarette pack), cable-tied to the headrest, with acceptable results. Pretty simple.
    Shouldn't be any reason why we couldn't provide video from several aircraft.

Dasher, you'd actually have to WEAR the helmet, for this to work.

Comment

Originally posted by chixfly2
      Sure!!!

I'd love to do that!
      Perhaps a "visorcam"?
      Last edited by fenceliner01; 10-19-2006, 07:54 PM. Reason: jinxed content

Comment

Originally posted by chixfly2
        ooohhhh....

Visor Cam!!!

I like it!

Do I have to wear lipstick too?
        No, just chapstick or carmex if you need it. If I remember a certain Kraz'toon, makeup of any sort is Mary D.'s schtick.

BTW, I think "Helmet Cam" is copyrighted by some guy who used to be on the Playboy channel. He mounted a video camera to a bicylcle helmet and would then go to strip bars and tape from the front row.... you get the idea. I only heard about this, of course.

Comment

I only heard about this, of course.
          ROFLMAO!

Thats like saying "I only buy Playboy to read the articals"!

Comment

I do this for a living. I am in the blimp doing HD with a microwave connect to the production truck every weekend. AU and Pittsburg last weekend, U of M this weekend. Wing Vision has two Helio Couriers with gyro-stabilized Sony 900's mounted on the wings and they are Microwave equipped. Perfect set up for Reno. Put two camera's on top of every pylon, iso all of them, hot cut the show live for the audience, feed it into the tents. Burn CD's for the fans. Take the money to the bank Monday. Tom

Comment

Working...
            X