N6340T 'Candyman' Race #7 Reno 1974/75

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N6340T 'Candyman' Race #7 Reno 1974/75

I was just wondering if anyone has pictures of this P-51, raced at Reno I believe in 1974 and 1975 in an all-red colour scheme.

Subsequently, it went to Europe, ferried by John Crocker, and has been based at Duxford since 1984, firstly with Stephen Grey and latterly with the Old Flying Machine Company. I crewed on the aircraft at DX from the mid-80s to early-90s, and would love to see any pictures anyone has from its civilian life before Stephen Grey bought it in 1979.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Re: N6340T 'Candyman' Race #7 Reno 1974/75

Mike - You'll find some pics on the www.warbirdaeropress.com web site, under the "photo gallery" link on the home page. If you click on the "specific racing aircraft" link on the main photo gallery page, you'll get a new page with a bunch of thumbnails of various race planes. Candyman is shown on this page. Very pretty Mustang..
    Mark Johnson
    Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

Hands-down, my favorite 'stocker' Mustang racer. It was best when it had the Sammy Davis Jr. caricature on the fuselage (1974 only)...it went a long ways to explain the name Candyman.

Comment

Marvellous stuff, thank you so much for pointing these photos out to me.

Does anyone have contact details for the photographers, Emil Strasser or Gerald Liang, please?

I can well remenber, in the late-80s, removing the pumps for either spraybar or ADI from one of the gun bays.

PS Does anyone else get a virus warning for the JS/Wonka Trojan every time they go to the photo gallery?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike51
          Marvellous stuff, thank you so much for pointing these photos out to me.

Does anyone have contact details for the photographers, Emil Strasser or Gerald Liang, please?

I can well remenber, in the late-80s, removing the pumps for either spraybar or ADI from one of the gun bays.

PS Does anyone else get a virus warning for the JS/Wonka Trojan every time they go to the photo gallery?
          Emil passed away here a few years back. Gerry Liang is now 'the keeper' of Emil's collection. I've got his contact information stored away somewhere...but you might be quicker getting in contact with Scotty G, the webmaster of the other site.

Comment

Hi, dont know if you are still looking for photos of N6340T red c/s but I have just put a colour slide (taken by me) on Ebay for sale. The item no. is 174825722001.
            My email address is mikeaxe@btopenworld.com
            Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by 331stationroad View Post
              Hi, dont know if you are still looking for photos of N6340T red c/s but I have just put a colour slide (taken by me) on Ebay for sale. The item no. is 174825722001.
              My email address is mikeaxe@btopenworld.com
              Mike.
              I tried ebay with your number and no workie...

Comment

Good morning, My apologies, gave you the wrong number. It should have been 151020641069
                Hope this helps,
                Mike

Comment

...N6340T when Dr. Beehler owned it before Beck & Modes...

1 CNO-local, Sept. 1973, a comparison of the "Miss Candace" canopy to a "regular-size" one...

2 Anouther CNO-local, June 1972...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X