Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CALENDARS ARE IN!

Whoo Hoo!!

Remember the line from the old Steve Martin movie... "THE NEW PHONE BOOKS ARE HERE.. THE NEW PHONE BOOKS ARE HERE"

Well... Think of that enthusiasim and say...

"THE 2007 LEGACY OF SPEED CALENDARS ARE HERE.. THE 2007 LEGACY OF SPEED CALENDARS ARE HERE!!!"

There were glitches in the supply system for the calendars and we did not get our supply at Reno as we'd hoped... I'm back at the far end of nowhere, in fact, I live on the other end of a bridge that was dubbed "the bridge to nowhere" when it was built many years ago...

(little finger of land sticking off the Washington Coast)

The UPS depot does not even open til 3:30PM and it's 20 miles away at that!

I'm off to get shipping supplies and I HOPE to have them out via UPS pickup tomorrow...

To those who have bought a calendar from aafo, my eternal thanks! You have both helped the website and HOPEFULLY helped the producers of the calendar to gain a successful foothold and move ahead with what should be an exciting event for us all each year as Calendar Time rolls around!

We've all talked about doing this a TON of times but these guys stepped up to the plate.. dug into their pockets to finance it and got it done!

I'm not going to name the principals, I believe I was asked early on not to make a big deal about "who" did it...

If you want to know though, and want to say thanks to them and this website, we bought a bunch extra and have them for sale via the LINK ON THE MAIN PAGE

I've finally gotten a chance to open one up and really give it a look over.. REALLY super job! That I have a shot in the calendar is not so much a matter of my skills as a photographer, rather, working very hard for the opportunity and being lucky enough (also driving down to Reno in April for the chance) to be in the right place at the right time and snag one of the very rare chances to shoot the Rare Bear in flight.. and trust me, that airplane is so touchy, it is VERY hard to get the planets to line up properly to make this sort of thing happen...

Anyway....

Time to hit the shower and drive the drive to the "big city" (lol) and pick up the supplies..

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: CALENDARS ARE IN!

I bought three calendars on Monday, the first day of qualifying in a panic that they would be sold out by Friday. The calendars are awesome, I encourage all to buy at least two..........

No cover charge Wayne, I advertise for free...........

Comment

AAAAGUH!

Best laid plans.. We'd always planned on shipping them out via UPS envelopes.. I didn't have one in my hands till today and lo and behold.. darn things are so big (which is very cool btw!) they don't fit any standard mailer!

Looked all over the mythical Astoria, Oregon (our local version of the big city) and even the big Fred Meyer (Krogers for those of you away from here) didn't have enough of the size that *would* fit... Even UPS store didn't have anything

Two options, I'm online right now looking if I can get something overnighted to me, we're still on for getting them out this week... If not, BeerNazi will be in Thursday Night or Friday afternoon.. I'll have her bring in a bunch from Vancouver...

It's cool living in the middle of nowhere until you make a goof like this!

I was in Vancouver till Friday last week... had I gotten one in my hot hands at Reno, I'd have known..

Also, early inspection of the first case shows *some* shipping damage. I've yet to dig through the entire two boxes to see if it's just the top few but looks like it got dropped on the corner and one corner on, at least, some of them is bent..

Stay tuned...
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Have you tried the USPS Priority mail envelopes?
        the envelopes are free and priority mail is usually a pretty good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by knowsnothin
          Have you tried the USPS Priority mail envelopes?
          the envelopes are free and priority mail is usually a pretty good deal.
          Not big enough... that's the problem..

These suckers are BIG.. .11.5" x 14" and that just does not fit any easily available "keep flat" envelopes.

The USPS Tyvek envelopes are big enough but offer zero protection against bumbling civil servants (no offense to postal workers who use their heads about stuff) who love to FOLD stuff that should not be folded...

We also have a damaged shipment which we're dealing with so...

I pulled the pin too soon..

Good news is.. THEY ARE HERE AND WILL SHIP!!

Wayner
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne, what's the latest on the Calendars. I'm out by my mail box and I'm runing out of Should I go to the store for another 12 pack .
            Jay Smith

Comment

Originally posted by J.SMITH
              Wayne, what's the latest on the Calendars. I'm out by my mail box and I'm runing out of Should I go to the store for another 12 pack .
              OK... I was gonna post earlier after I *finally* came to a solution...

Two things happened.. one, one of the cases of calendars needed to fill the orders was damaged... We had to arrange replacement. That left me "up in the air" to get them to everyone until the replacements get here.. (Probably tomorrow)

The second thing that happened was that I was too stupid to have bought one at Reno so I'd have had a sample to use to figure out exactly how big if an envelope would be needed...

I have spent HOURS over the last week researching... I found that very readly available envelopes were just paper and especially given that the first batch, which were shipped in HD cardboard boxes were damaged, I did not want to ship them out in unprotected CHEAP envelopes...

OK.. so in summation.. Replacement case of calendars is on the way, HUGE quantity of "Stay Flat" document/photo mailers have been purchased and shipped today!!!

SO...

All the ducks have aligned with the sunrise, if the postal meter does not make any metal between now and thursday, they will ship on Friday of this week and I will get zero sleep thursday night to meet the scheduled pickup of the calendars..

SORRY!

It was supposed to be sooo much easier..

BUT..

THE GOOD NEWS IS!

Out of 1000 total, AAFO.COM has a significant share spoken for and in transit!

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Mine's been hanging in my cube at work for weeks now.
                I keep rotating to the next picture every couple of days.
                Some very cools shots in it.
                I'm stuck on the Red Barron in a right hand turn.

They will be worth the wait.

TJ Dwelle

Comment

Originally posted by TWD
                  Mine's been hanging in my cube at work for weeks now.
                  I keep rotating to the next picture every couple of days.
                  Some very cools shots in it.
                  I'm stuck on the Red Barron in a right hand turn.

They will be worth the wait.

TJ Dwelle
                  That wouldnt be Mojave '79.....or....Would it???

Ordred mine thru In Flight last week and should have it tomorrow
                  Last edited by sierra fox; 10-09-2006, 10:30 PM. Reason: add to comment
                  "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Originally posted by sierra fox
                    That wouldnt be Mojave '79.....or....Would it???
                    I don't have the calendar with me right now, but if I remember correctly, it is Mojave '78.

If the horizontal stabilizers are red and the small #5 is on the tail, it is '78.

If they are white and the 'big' #5 is on the tail, it is '79. The other giveaway is that in '79 there was a small white "Michelob Light" decal on the cowling.

Comment

Working...
                    X