f18 lap speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f18 lap speed?

Wow what a week! At one point the it was announced the F18F doing the demo was going to run the pylons, but I never heard a speed announced... did anyone hear or get one? Sure looked like he was truckin...

I'll try to YouTube my remaining videos soonish...

-mosquito

Re: f18 lap speed?

657mph on Sunday. Not kidding. No blatent pylon cuts from what we could see in the grandstand.
    _________
    -Matt
    Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Yeah, but he broke the west fence deadline by about 200 meters, BIG TIME! It was great being right underneath him!

Mike A.

Comment

657 mph! Yikes, and he was probably flying outside of RARA's theoretical course distance and thus even faster! BTW, 657 mph at 5100 ft. altitude computes to about 0.88M
        Mach number, Mach, gases, equations, mathematics, fluid dynamics, compressibility, compressible aerodynamics, aerodynamics, area ratio, calculators, modeling, isentropic flow, pressure, temperature, density, pressure ratio, temperature ratio, Mach angle, speed of sound, subsonic, supersonic, hypersonic, shock waves
        Joe

Comment

Nah...still not as good as the 'Lawndart' that one year that went 1.03M!
          Now THAT was smokin'...ok, so he didn't take the course, but he still made da' BOOMboom
          Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

An F-16 about 1999-2000 ran the course at 668. The one I wish I could have seen was Lefty's lap in Fifi at 330!
            Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
            World Speed Record Holder

Comment

My dad and I were there that year and it was the first and only time I have ever heard a boom..!. then the reno pd pulled the fire truck over and gave him a " citation" . We were waiting and wanting him to do it again on sunday but he just didn't.....
              Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
                An F-16 about 1999-2000 ran the course at 668. The one I wish I could have seen was Lefty's lap in Fifi at 330!
                Fifi ran the course?!?!? No kidding? Fifi, B-29 Fifi? Wow, wow... Anyone have any pics whatsoever of THAT?

(and thanks for the speed, Matt!)

-mosquito

Comment

Wed night F18 session from the fence was intense. You could almost see the smiles on their faces from the ground. Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

I am of the opinion that every, EVERY, military demo should include a lap or two. Everyone loves it. I know your watching RARA.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Wait, it was not Wed. Either Tues or Thurs, but definately not Wed. Thurs. Yes, Thur. That's my final answer.
                    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Here, on Friday, you can almost see them looking down at us at the Undisclosed Location.
                      Attached Files
                      _________
                      -Matt
                      Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

any one remeber what the f-14 speed was some thing like 667......
                        still great fun to watch no matter what plane does it
                        www.renosection3.com

Comment

Originally posted by Section3guy
                          any one remeber what the f-14 speed was some thing like 667......
                          still great fun to watch no matter what plane does it
                          The F-14 was the same day as the -16. I think the -14 was in the 640s. Talk about an awesome display though!
                          Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG

Comment

Originally posted by mosquito
                            Fifi ran the course?!?!? No kidding? Fifi, B-29 Fifi? Wow, wow... Anyone have any pics whatsoever of THAT?

(and thanks for the speed, Matt!)

-mosquito
                            All Air Racing All the time! Unregistered visitors: this forum is open for your reading enjoyment. We invite you to join so you can enjoy the full features of this system. Including file uploads, event calender, private messages and more. Due to an unmanageable amount of SPAM membership applications, the join process is a few step process. It all makes it secure!
                            Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG

Comment

So what happened with the lawn dart incident?

Jarrod

Comment

Working...
                              X