Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• die-cast

Just a curious question,

Are there any quality Dicast replicas of some of the Reno Racers for sale?

As a NASCAR fan I know that there is big money in dicast, to the point that where they will use a different paint scheme on a car 2 or 3 times a season just so the collector will buy some more cars to keep his collection current

Blacksheep
    blacksheep
    Life's a Climb , But the view is Great

Re: die-cast

Originally posted by blacksheep
    Just a curious question,

Are there any quality Dicast replicas of some of the Reno Racers for sale?

As a NASCAR fan I know that there is big money in dicast, to the point that where they will use a different paint scheme on a car 2 or 3 times a season just so the collector will buy some more cars to keep his collection current

Blacksheep
    Not sure on the answer to that one but I know of at least one team looking for a quality supplier of same.

Do you have any of the names of the NASCAR suppliers?

One-Take-Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Die cast supliers

Wayne,

Revel and Action are the two biggest and the most colectable die cast car makers and supliers for the NASCAR cars.
      It would be a good idea to maybee get some of the planes in a 1/24th scale die cast modle. I would be willing to bet that they would become quite collectible, as the NASCAR cars have become.

Good idea Blacksheep.

Comment

Diecast companies

Wayne,

some of the diecast companies I know of are

I for one would love to see a quality diecast of "The Bear" ,Strega , Critical Mass and others

Blacksheep
        blacksheep
        Life's a Climb , But the view is Great

Comment

There is only one I know of....I have it:

Miss America had their own made and if you get a hold of Bob Avery (Via Missa.com), you can own one.

Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn
            There is only one I know of....I have it:

Miss America had their own made and if you get a hold of Bob Avery (Via Missa.com), you can own one.

Glenn
            Do they still have any? I'd forgotten that they did have die-cast, only remembering the painted wood ones they had. They might be a good starting place for info on where to get a custom one made ey?

Thanks for the heads up..

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: Diecast companies

Originally posted by blacksheep
              Wayne,

some of the diecast companies I know of are
              Thanks, I'll check them out and forward the info on to Rare Bear.. They would really like to have a die cast model in stock!

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I believe they do...

>>Wayne: Do they still have any? I'd forgotten that they did have die-cast, only remembering the painted wood ones they had. They might be a good starting place for info on where to get a custom one made ey?

Here is the guy who would know...let him know I sent you:

bob@missa.com

Glenn Bloom

Comment

Die cast

Some one should check with Hot Wheels (Mattel) and Matchbox. I have 5 of the Matchbox WWII 1/72 die cast fighters and they was very well done and good detail for the size. Paint schemes are good. The p-51 is the best die cast aircraft i have seen on small scale yet. They beat the Corgi stuff from England.

Comment

die cast

Bob Hoover was offering a die cast "Ol' Yeller" when I was down there in '97...
                    the other Wayne................

Comment

I just ran across a 1:48th scale Miss America manufactured by Armour, available through http://www.3000toys.com (I tried to see if it was available through the Miss America website, but the "shop" link didn't work.)

Comment

Not diecasts, but...

Kyosho have a range of readymade, really nice-looking 1/72 models, including Rare Bear and Red Baron. Go to www.hlj.com, then look for Kyosho products.

Anders

Comment

Kyosho

Those puppies are pretty darn nice, but 6800 yen comes out to just over $50 USD... Kinda pricey.

Scotty G

Comment

Re: Kyosho diecast racers

Originally posted by Anders
                            Kyosho have a range of readymade, really nice-looking 1/72 models, including Rare Bear and Red Baron. Go to www.hlj.com, then look for Kyosho products.

Anders
                            Here's what the Kyosho Reno racers set looks like: http://www.intsysint.com/misc/112C0405.jpg.

As far as I know they are generally not sold outside Japan.

Mark J.

Comment

Oh man.. I want them! Would be really nice if Rare Bear could land a few of those for the giftstore!! At maybe a nice discounted rate, seein as how she's all "trademarked" and stuff..

Wayne.. er.. shortz.. I forget which message board I'm on sometimes
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X