Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FINALLY: AN AIR RACE MOVIE FOR THEATRICAL RELEASE

Originally posted by deepsky
    Can the movie be any good with a WWE wrestler as the leading man?
    Hey... Aaanold started as a body builder and look at what a favorite he became... (as an ACTOR )

I could be labled as biased since I am a part of the production (VERY minor part) but I'm inclined to give the entire effort a break until we see it.. A review prior to even seeing a second of footage is hardly fair..

Half full glass, half empty glass..

Your call..
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayners,
      I agree. There's been a number of Wrestlers who've done pretty good. The movie "Preditor" comes to mind. I don't think Jesse did too bad. Let's not forget Hulk Hogan in the Rocky movies as well as Michael Nesmith's video of "Sunset Sam" As long as they can act, I don't care where they come from. Beside's, it's professional wrestling. It's all an act anyway! I just don't know why they had to take a perfectly good movie idea, and ruin it with a love story! (Another )

Also, I agree with Leo on all points. I really don't think Jim Mitchell did too bad with the Skyfire tapes. Yeah, some of it was a little hokie at times, but he had to reach as many people, and as many age groups as possible! Not to mention, that's all we had. This topic has been brought up before. It really seems like some folks want multi-Million dollar HDTV productions, while only spending $20 for the DVD. Not everything can be BRADFIRE ya know! I'm not knocking anyone, but come on! A camera mounted either in the cockpit, or on the tail during a deadstick! It don't get any better than that!

Flame away,
      Race 29
      Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

I thought I was the only one to see that vid.(sunset sam) you have a good long term memory
        www.davemorss.com

Comment

could this movie being shot during PRS be a source of the rumors that PRS will be closed to the public?

Mike Arnold

Comment

The RARA hangar has always required a wrist band to get into. The classes and briefings, meals and such are for those paying to attend PRS. Good manners and respect for the participants means don't bug 'em.They are working on getting SAFE and READY for September. I'm sure Wayne and other photogs will post pictures as fast as they take them. And I assume the campers will be out at the fenceline with their cameras. There is no food service or Sani-huts for the public. This is Rookie School. For the pilots.
            Betty

Comment

Originally posted by ShermB
              The RARA hangar has always required a wrist band to get into. The classes and briefings, meals and such are for those paying to attend PRS. Good manners and respect for the participants means don't bug 'em.They are working on getting SAFE and READY for September. I'm sure Wayne and other photogs will post pictures as fast as they take them. And I assume the campers will be out at the fenceline with their cameras. There is no food service or Sani-huts for the public. This is Rookie School. For the pilots.
              Betty
              Betty,

Well put! I tried to post something to this effect in the other thread that touched on this subject. First and foremost, PRS is a training aid for the pilots. It's been a huge success in bringing new racers into the sport, and.. and this is really huge, it's been a fantastic aid in warbird pilot safety training! Even the guys who never go on to race benefit from getting to practice emergency procedures that they might never get any where else in the same way they do at PRS.

It also is a place where the mindset that it can happen at any time and probably will so always be ready is instilled in the pilots.. Current President of the T-6 division John Zayac had an engine problem on his way to his first Reno after his initial PRS and had to land on a highway outside of Denver... When he got to Reno, I'll never forget his saying that the training he received a few months prior had been instrumental in his successful emergency landing!

So... With this in mind.. those of you who do make it to PRS, try to remember, this is a school and treat it as that. Lay back, let them do their thing... they are supposed to have an atmosphere relevant to what they are doing and we (none of us) should do anything to distract from that..

And above all.. PLEASE... respect the same crowd "deadline" that is in place during Reno! If we make it a problem for them to keep us off the parts of the ramp where we're not supposed to be, they will eventually find that they can't deal with us even being on any part of the ramp...

None of us have any inherent "right" to be on any airport ramp post 9-11... keep that in mind and we all should do fine.

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

As one who's read the original 1992 script, and knows Mitch very well, you can bet that this will be a great story, and will fulfill the usual "needs" of Hollywood, but bring this exciting sport that we know so well, to a bigger audience. You have to get people excited about the idea, and show them a little bit about it before they'll want to know all the great little details that we all find fascinating.

Mitch and I did one such documentary in 2000 (People, Passion, Pistons, and Power), and I feel like we told some very interesting stories about the pilots and teams who compete. It actually aired on what was then Speed Vision, and won several television awards. This feature film has been Mitch's dream since long before I knew him. I for one am extremely excited that this is going to happen. It's Mitch's time, and it sounds like he's got a great team around him to make this happen. We saw Duggy come to life last year, and now we're going to see the film happen. We should all support this so that it makes it all the way to the big screen. Don't forget, it's the story, not who's in front of the camera. This will be a good story.

Speaking of "in-front-of-the-camera"...... Come on Wayne, you should reprise your roll as "One-Take-Wayne"!

To all involved..... All the best!!!!

Jeff Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lee
                  Speaking of "in-front-of-the-camera"...... Come on Wayne, you should reprise your roll as "One-Take-Wayne"!
                  LOL Jeff, I doubt they have the money to cover the time I'd take to get a one liner out and to replace the camera equipment that would break once pointed my way!

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

with additional support from Jim Mitchell of Skyfire Video / CAMRAC Productions,
                    That took my hopes down a notch. Seriously.

and Wayne Sagar of AAFO.com – providing all of the up to date information on this and other related news regarding the sport of air racing.
                    And that took my hopes back up a notch!
                    _________
                    -Matt
                    Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Working...
                    X