Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Damn Sport in the World

Originally posted by W J Pearce

Watch THIS board, and we will keep you in the loop. Just promise us one thing - one year you will make it to Reno.
    [/B]
    Deal
    I have the need for speed. Unfotunately I am grounded to the rent-mobiles (aka slow, econo-box cars).

Comment

Originally posted by W J Pearce
      I forgot one thing... it is worth it just for the sound!

If I were blind I would still go for the sole purpose of hearing an unlimited push, or surpass 500 mph down the Valley of Speed towards the front line. Whoa damn... it gives me chills!

BP
      Aren't you forget smell?? I go to the Drag Stripe for 115 Octane, alcohol, methinanal (sp) (never smelled nitromethane), N2O, and of course, rubber. Sound is also another reason I go but I am sure there is nothing like hearing a RR Merlin or Griffin rocketing along. I have been to the USAF muesiem (I know I am a horable speller and I am to lasy to look it up) and seen all the WWII birds up close and personal, but never in flight.
      I have the need for speed. Unfotunately I am grounded to the rent-mobiles (aka slow, econo-box cars).

Comment

Re: Re: Re: I agree with hawkeye...

Originally posted by gsbloom
        Then there is ADI (Anti Detonation Injection)...(Which I confess I know little to nothing about...except the hot water 12's seem to like it a lot...)
        I am becoming quite the turbocharger efficinato (is that spelled right and at least with cars) so my guess to the Anti dentination injection is an extra couple of fuel injectors downstream of the S-charger. Of course when you flow more air, you need to flow more fuel as well, so, anytime you add extra boost or N2O, you have to offset that with added fuel flow. That's my best guess.

Comment

ADI & Fuel enrichment

....Fuel enrichment is needed with boost increase
          (almost all cases),and is "adjusted"in to the mix
          most often by referencing the fuel pressure regulator
          to the intake manifold downstream from the supercharger
          (mechanical or exhaust driven)

ADI does exactly what it is named (when done right)
          water and alcohol are injected into the intake to:
          1)lower intake charge (evaporation)
          2)retard combustion burn rate (effective increase of octane)
          (water doesn't burn (at these temps) and alcohol has a high octane rating and latent heat of evaporation)

Nitrous Oxide is an oxidizer,and when injected requires fuel mixture enrighment (actually fuel mixture normalization)
          (more available oxygen,more fuel needed)

.....now drop the sulphur "hex" additive from the N2O and plumb it to the stewardess!.....
          Mayday51
          Jim Gallagher

Comment

Re: ADI & Fuel enrichment

Originally posted by mayday51
            ....Fuel enrichment is needed with boost increase
            (almost all cases),and is "adjusted"in to the mix
            most often by referencing the fuel pressure regulator
            to the intake manifold downstream from the supercharger
            (mechanical or exhaust driven)

ADI does exactly what it is named (when done right)
            water and alcohol are injected into the intake to:
            1)lower intake charge (evaporation)
            2)retard combustion burn rate (effective increase of octane)
            (water doesn't burn (at these temps) and alcohol has a high octane rating and latent heat of evaporation)

Nitrous Oxide is an oxidizer,and when injected requires fuel mixture enrighment (actually fuel mixture normalization)
            (more available oxygen,more fuel needed)

Good info and I like this but...

.....now drop the sulphur "hex" additive from the N2O and plumb it to the stewardess!.....
            SMART FELLA

Comment

Working...
            X