Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Deleted Thread

Originally posted by Leo
    I can be very cynical when people are involved, expect the worst most of the time. But I can be naive about forums like this board. The idea of willfully attacking someone with words, mostly someone I have never met face to face, is very foreign. We all make mistakes, all go "oops, that did'nt come out right" especially when emotions are so hard to convey here. Dry sense of humor does'nt come across well as I have found.
    We may argue a point, but I have to agree some take all this WAAAAY too seriously, and hurt good people with flippant or sometimes malicious comments. We've seen a few pretty childish reactions over the years on all these boards, and seen some people with axes to grind and no better place to grind them.
    It's your board Wayne, "boardnazi" or not! Delete away! Protect us from those that would cause us harm. Protect us from ourselves!

Leo Smiley

Amen!!! Thank you!

Comment

Well guys, don't take this deletion too seriously, there wasn't anything really harmful in it, I just pulled it as a courtesy to some folks who want to keep their project "officially" under wraps for a bit longer..

Suffice it to say that what's going on is a good thing and we'll all enjoy the fruits of the project when finished.

As for any other drama, we all know the rules on that here.. if folks have stuff to say to each other that is... shall we say.. less than complimentary, that's what the PM system here is for.. that and BeerThirty at Stead...

I guess the summation of what can/can't be said here is... If you wouldn't say it to a guy/gal's face, in person with your voice... don't "say" it here with your fingers!

Nuff said...

Carry on..

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Now I wonder what I missed! That will teach me to start checking the board every 10 minutes so I don't miss anything again! :-)

Michele

Comment

Well,

When whatever it is we are not supposed to see is finally made public, can somebody post a link to the announcement?

I feel cheated that somebody knows something that I don't.

Don

Comment

Sheesh, Wayne....

The nerve of that guy posting how many pilots in each class were signed up for PRS.

IS NOTHING SACRED ANYMORE???????

Comment

Originally posted by spacegrrrl
              Now I wonder what I missed! That will teach me to start checking the board every 10 minutes so I don't miss anything again! :-)

Michele

There's no deleted thread, its really just Wayne trying to boost his website hit counts

I'm KIDDING! As I always tell my wife when I simply can't resist cracking a joke at her expense, "it was begging to be said." In fact she and I have a deal- I can crack any joke I want and get a pass under the "it had to be said" clause IF its funny enough. I only end up getting slapped maybe about 2/3 of the time Apparently I'm a lot funnier in my own mind than I am in most other people's minds...

Comment

I agree with the "Don't say anything you wouldn't say to a persons face" rule. I personally have adopted a "two Heineken" rule. I don't post ANYTHING after my second one of the day. On rough days, I can't post anything after 10am! I learned long ago that sometimes humor doesn't always translate well in electron print. I still get caught in it every once in awhile though. (Stepping off the soapbox) NEXT!

Race 29
                Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Then what?
                  You REALLY have words, and get to convey those emotions...
                  Or get the *&$ beat out of you.
                  Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                  thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by chixfly2
                    In the words of Monty Python, "RUN AWAY!"
                    That is too funny!!

Dash, feel free to post to your forum. I'll get to be on another soapbox for a couple seconds!!

Race 29
                    (shameless attention hound)
                    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Working...
                    X