Tom Cruise has a P-51?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tom Cruise has a P-51?

I remember watching a Red P51 flown by movie stunt pilot Paul Mantz winning the Bedix Air Race. Later on he formed TALMANTZ with Frank Tallman & they filmed many aviation commercials.He died while flying that makeshift plane in Flight Of The Phoenix. We have had a lot of movie stars that are pilots so lets welcome them as they do have the money it takes for Air Racing.Now if we could only get some of the NASCAR drivers & PGA golfers interested after all there is a "Tiger" that golfs with lots of money.
    Lockheed Bob
    Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gollwitzer
      I remember watching a Red P51 flown by movie stunt pilot Paul Mantz winning the Bedix Air Race. Later on he formed TALMANTZ with Frank Tallman & they filmed many aviation commercials.He died while flying that makeshift plane in Flight Of The Phoenix. We have had a lot of movie stars that are pilots so lets welcome them as they do have the money it takes for Air Racing.Now if we could only get some of the NASCAR drivers & PGA golfers interested after all there is a "Tiger" that golfs with lots of money.
      Lockheed Bob
      I think one Tiger is enough. That guy is a grin!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
        Ever since seeing the first script about air racing, I've drempt of TC playing a character like Tiger...

He could turn it into the role of a lifetime! Kevin K as Shelton... man, the list could go on and on!

Back to my dreams...

With all due respect to that idea, Tom Cruise could not play Tiger's character on the best day of his life, even if he had been rehearsing for 50 years. Similarly, nobody could play Lyle. Or Skip.

...The simple fact that the personalities in air racing cannot be duplicated, "acted out," or found anywhere else is a huge reason we are all drawn to the sport like fat kids drawn to cake.
        _________
        -Matt
        Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by MRussell
          With all due respect to that idea, Tom Cruise could not play Tiger's character on the best day of his life, even if he had been rehearsing for 50 years. Similarly, nobody could play Lyle. Or Skip.

...The simple fact that the personalities in air racing cannot be duplicated, "acted out," or found anywhere else is a huge reason we are all drawn to the sport like fat kids drawn to cake.
          Boy your not kidding. Nobody could say SOB like Lyle does in that Texas Draaaaaw. Funny, but gets the point across. I think Jonny Depp is the only actor that would pull it off. Look what he did in the role of Hunter S Thomson. Thomson reported once that it even creeped him out a little.

Comment

So will it be the Days of Thunder of air racing, or the Top Gun of air racing. Let's see, somebody goes a little haywire and pushes it too hard. (Oh, the tragedy of it all.) I'll get my puke sack ready for the inevitable brain-dead radio chatter.

Now I'm getting a vision of TC in in his underwear wagging his backside to the camera. "I shouldn't have flown him into the ground like that. That was stupid of me!"

The room is spinning. Somebody please, wake me from this nightmare...
            No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
            http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
              AND, yes, let's leave religion and politics out of the forum... sorry I started down that road.
              But Air Racing is a religion! Rare Bear

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by ignomini
                Days of Thunder of air racing
                Hmmmmm...
                "He's gonna try and pass me, I'm gonna crash him into the pylon"
                http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer
                  Red... Now belongs to a T-6 racer...
                  :
                  ...#55...

Comment

Red... Now belongs to a T-6 racer...
                    Correction... Sale pending and depending on probably too much any way. Either way no pilot and no crew.

A lot of Unlimiteds, new and old ready to get on the course, but not enough Pilots? Money? and Crew? PRS should be very interesting.
                    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

... A little Blue & sliver my be back this year
                      Czech Mate?

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodeu
                        Czech Mate?

Jarrod
                        This could be the best race in almost a decade. New planes, new engines, new toys. If they all keep together gentleman you will have one heel of a race. I'm gonna have wood till september.

Comment

Originally posted by ignomini
                          I'll get my puke sack ready for the inevitable brain-dead radio chatter...
                          ..."I'M TURNING LEFT NOW..."

Comment

Originally posted by chixfly2
                            Can I guess?

Rookie from CO?
                            this is public info...here are the people who bid on dago on e-bay

e-bay bidders

the one that came in second is a n-number

n68gm

where have I heard that name
                            Gary Milller

so there you go....

p.s. do you seen any other interesting names on the e-bay list?

Comment

Originally posted by SCEPTER
                              p.s. do you seen any other interesting names on the e-bay list?
                              Definitely.
                              _________
                              -Matt
                              Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by chixfly2
                                Sadly, my name is conspicuously missing from this list.
                                Yep, I was $1,999,000 short of asking price. So damn close!

Don

Comment

Working...
                                X