Tom Cruise has a P-51?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Cruise has a P-51?

My wife was watching one of those celebrity trash shows like access hollywood, and I heard Tom cruise say he had a P-51. I Googled it but only found some rumors about it. I was wondering if anyone here knew anything.
    Tony

Re: Tom Cruise has a P-51?

Mr. Cruise does in fact own P-51D "Montana Miss", which he purchased about 4-5 years ago, IIRC. He even did an interview with Barbara Walters while sitting on the wing of that a/c about 3 years back. I believe Matt Jackson did a dual-control conversion on the Mustang for Cruise, and also checked him out in the a/c.

SA

Comment

Now the word in the street is that he MAY have bought another. Take a guess which one. All that I can say is that I hope it's true.

Comment

I was checking through a Mustang Registry and saw that too, colored me shocked then... Now color me shocked twice, I didn't realize it was a P-51K/F-6K Model.. My Grandfather held a important position over the factory floor at The North American Dallas Plant, but noone had the hindsight to ask him about his time there, and he died before I was born..

But it's always to see that a few of the Dallas Mustangs survived, but anyway.. Two links I found,

The warbird registry follows the history of all North American Aviation P-51 Mustangs that survived military service.

P-51 Mustang Survivors: Survivor Home. World War II, North American P-51A, P-51B, P-51C, P-51D, P-51H, F-51D, F-51H Mustang survivor in civilian ownership

I find it odd that the second one lists the owner as, Valhalla Aviation Inc. ? I remember seeing that the first time, I figured Cruise just leased it or such, but I'm not sure what Valhalla Aviation actually does..

I dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by FNG
          Now the word in the street is that he MAY have bought another. Take a guess which one. All that I can say is that I hope it's true.
          ......could it be red???

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams
            ......could it be red???
            Pot stirred... moving along

Comment

Mr. Cruise was seen flying around Scenic Mojave for several days in I think Cottonmouth. Sorry I'm a little weak in which 51 is which, I get awe struck any time I see one taxi by our hanger. I think Bruce Lockwood was in the other seat. Couldn't really tell who was who as when they smiled, and they were having a WONDERFUL time, it was like looking into the sun...
              Cheers,
              Jon

Comment

Tom Cruise at Mojave in the former Montana Miss.

Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Originally posted by W J Pearce
                  Tom Cruise at Mojave in the former Montana Miss.

http://www.mojaveweblog.com/pages/060131-1.html
                  Good find Bill.. that would be Matt Jackson's profile in the back seat...

Lots of speculation going on on who bought/is buying the "red mustang" that is for sale...

I know that the subject is one of the VERY tight lipped type. I know a couple folks who know who but, to date, I have no solid FACT based knowledge passed my way of who actually is behind it...

IF, TC became interested in air racing (which I understand he is) he is one person who not only has the resources to make a movie about the sport but also possesses the talent and charisma to star in one and make it (the movie) a hit.. maybe even bring the sport into the mainstream...

Dreaming here but...

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                    IF, TC became interested in air racing (which I understand he is) he is one person who not only has the resources to make a movie about the sport but also possesses the talent and charisma to star in one and make it (the movie) a hit.. maybe even bring the sport into the mainstream...

Dreaming here but...

Remember it's easier to let a cat out of a bag then it is to put back in Wayne, but this is fun! Top Gun II Mavric goes civilian.

Comment

More people might come to the races, just to see a movie star chasing Rare Bear!
                      Tony

Comment

....maybe he is out "whine tasting"

(gear whine)

Comment

I heard it said last year that Tom Cruise and John Travolta were among the masses at Reno... so who's playing the "bad guy" in the air race movie?
                          Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                          My Photos
                          My Ride

Comment

Hmmmm... for whatever reason I am not as inspired by this prospect as some of you are... it just weirds me out.
                            _________
                            -Matt
                            Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by MRussell
                              Hmmmm... for whatever reason I am not as inspired by this prospect as some of you are... it just weirds me out.
                              Could it be because Cruise is a nut case. Since he has embraced Scientology, he has gone loony. Not to get into a religous debate, but Travolta is also a nut case Scientogist.

Comment

Working...
                              X