Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 you Kraz

Kraz

I can see a cool Kraz creation comming to life from this "stop the prop" topic.

what do you think?

Comment

Stop the star?

How did I stop the star on the prop, but not the nose? Beats the heck out of me. I just aimed and shot. My guess is probably about 1/125 to 1/250 sec. I never remember what speed I took a particular shot with, but I do pay attention to what the camera is telling me when I'm ready tom take the picture.

Comment

Truce to dabear...

Wolfee, Thanks for the encouragement, but since I have to work side-by-side with Dabear in September, I don't want to have to rely on the pylon judges to officiate Bear digging my grave in the dessert!

As far as the stopped Star: it is actually turning too, but since it is closer to the center of the rotation point, it's relative motion is less than the prop tips. The prop tips are moving faster and further (distance traveled), creating more "blurr" the further out from the center you go....

Kraz

(Admitting that yes, sometimes stopped props ARE good <grin>!)
        Attached Files

Comment

for give me.

I have been sick for the last week and have been on some pain killers making me be more of a smart ass than usual. Last night I was poking fun at Da Bear. While I was fealing...... no pain if you will I guess I was in my own little world and was not being clear on the point of being a smart ass.

I still think the shot of Miss A is awsome thoe, and the effect of the star being clear and the blades of the prop being blurrd is cool.

By the way I have the same problem, I just shoot the subject and not record any of the specs of the shot. when shooting fast moving action with my Minolta 7XI, I am most always shooting in Program mode or "P" for profesinal (as I like to call it). I would share some shots with you guys but I do not have a scanner and most of my stuff is not on print or a Kodak CD

Comment

Blurred v.s. Stopped

Since you have no control over the position the prop is stopped at, Murphy says, "It will be stopped in the least glamorous position 99 out of 100 times, and the ramaining shot will be the first/last shot on the roll with a light streak across it."

However, blurred props are never "stopped" in the wrong place.

Comment

Working...
            X