P-51B restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-51B restoration

Found this on link at Fencecheck: http://www.cebudanderson.com/jackroushp51b.htm

Anybody know if this is a real B model, or a D, that is being remade into a B model?

Either way it looks damn good.

Re: P-51B restoration

This is a REAL B model (43-12252) being scratch built from components salvaged from a lake in Florida, to include the build-up of a B wing. It will be the ONLY Malcolm hood Mustang in existance. This particular rebuild is going to be something special and will make available to Bud Anderson both types of Mustangs he flew during the war. The aircraft belongs to Mr. NASCAR, Jack Roush and will join the other two D model Mustangs currently in his livery.

Dave

Comment

Knowing Art Teeter it may be a freshly (new P-51B) built. Art is capable of building a Mustang from the ground up. I met him back in the late 80's and he showed me a complete P-51D wing that he built from scratch. So I would'nt dout if at least 50% is'nt hand made.

Comment

Originally posted by Airracer75
        Knowing Art Teeter it may be a freshly (new P-51B) built. Art is capable of building a Mustang from the ground up. I met him back in the late 80's and he showed me a complete P-51D wing that he built from scratch. So I would'nt dout if at least 50% is'nt hand made.
        That is true of damn near every thorough rebuilt/restored Mustang these days. This one is, however, a rebuild of a legitimate wreck.

Comment

Pete Regina's wasnt that scratch built only a orginal wing Shawn

Comment

Working...
          X