Articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Articles

For any Canadian-based readers of AAFO, the January-February issue of Canadian Aviator magazine had a 10-page article on Reno 2005. It was written by my wife Birgitta and illustrated with 18 of our photos, plus cover. It focusses on the three Canadians who raced in 2005 (Ike Enns, Bud Granley and Keith McMann) and has photos of all the classes. Here is a link to the cover:

Canadian Aviator is Canada’s independently owned magazine for pilots, future pilots and those interested in Canadian aviation.

Also the current issue of Kitplanes magazine has a nice article on Earl Hibler and his remarkable 260 mph fixed gear Glasair.

Neal

Re: Articles

Thats very cool! Congrats to your wife.
    Tony

Comment

That is cool Neal... spreading the word!

Any way to snag a copy or permission from the mag to reprint the article so those of us down here in the states can read it??

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Don't know --- I know they have back issues available, and I'll email you the address of the editor. It's a really good article -- Birgitta is getting very good at this. This was actually her second article this year for the magazine -- we did an article on the Noorduyn Norseman and bush flying in Northern Ontario for them last summer. Speaking of Norsemen (or Norsemans -- there seems to be some controversy about the plural) Ike Enns (Unlimited Race #50) and his family are the world's largest operator of the Norseman -- they fly 4 of them on floats servicing their fishing camps in Northern Saskatchewan, Canada.

For anyone who doesn't know the airplane, here's a shot (not Ike) that I did for the Norseman article.

Neal
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X